Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soysauce2580

Melvin Ingram....its Meant To Happen

45 posts in this topic

I'm definitely on the Melvin Ingram wagon. There isn't a player in this draft that is more versatile than that man. I mean, did you watch the tape? What didn't he do?

Ingram has the speed, awareness, and instinct to play rush linebacker.

Ingram has the strength, hand technique, and agility to play defensive end.

Ingram has the power, experience, and toughness to even line up at defensive tackle.

And like chknwing said, we have experienced in the 3-4 before and we could be making the permanent switch soon. He can do whatever you tell him to do, and excel at it.

I'm definitely on the Melvin Ingram wagon. There isn't a player in this draft that is more versatile than that man. I mean, did you watch the tape? What didn't he do?

Ingram has the speed, awareness, and instinct to play rush linebacker.

Ingram has the strength, hand technique, and agility to play defensive end.

Ingram has the power, experience, and toughness to even line up at defensive tackle.

And like chknwing said, we have experienced in the 3-4 before and we could be making the permanent switch soon. He can do whatever you tell him to do, and excel at it.

At 276 lbs, I just don't see this guy anywhere near the DT position in the NFL. However, I do like what they could do with him off the edge rushing the passer. Would not be disappointed at all if he were our pick.

I've definitely jumped on the Ingram bandwagon recently. For me, if Claiborne somehow falls, take him..but if he doesn't Ingram is our guy!

More than a few people available at #9 that I'd be happy with, and Ingram is definitely one of them.

I like Ingram. I just think as a 4-3 base team it's a harder fit to make. If we were a 3-4 base team I would be all over it.

I like Ingram. I just think as a 4-3 base team it's a harder fit to make. If we were a 3-4 base team I would be all over it.

Agree. He fits better with someone like Pitts, Packs, or Jets.

We would not be doing a favor for us or Ingram by drafting him. He's not a 4-3 end. Hes more of a 3-4 olb imo and if we were going DE, I'd rather have Coples.

But I'd still be happy with him.

People are in love with the stature of coples compared to actual play. Ingram is a duplicate,size wise, of Charles Johnson...but i do see him as more of a Pass edge ruser, Aldon Smith kind of guy...

....so with that said whats not to like?! He is way more safe than Coples IMO...we just have the Everette Brown burn fresh here and Eric Norwood(Gamecock) was a star in the SEC who has a slow nfl start...but neither were the same prospect or as highly regarded as Ingram.

Norwood is a tweener and Everette Brown slipped terribly before the draft with major red flags...

Eric Norwood

Antwan Applewhite

Thomas Keiser

How many tweeners does a 4-3 team need?

Eric Norwood

Antwan Applewhite

Thomas Keiser

How many tweeners does a 4-3 team need?

Would you call Hardy and Johnson tweeners too? All of them are practically the same size.

No to tweeners and the idiots who think we're going to a 34 D.

No to tweeners and the idiots who think we're going to a 34 D.