• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

When did he gain 12 pounds. At the combine he was listed as 6'1" 264 lbs and ran a 4.79 40.

I had it backwards. SC listed him at 276, he weighed in at 264. So even smaller than originally thought. Awesome.

#32 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

a 6'1 260 pound d linemen....

i'll pass

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

I had it backwards. SC listed him at 276, he weighed in at 264. So even smaller than originally thought. Awesome.

He is not too small to play DE. He could easily put on 10-12 pounds but he is where he is at to be able to play OLB or DE.

People get hung on numbers like arm length but honestly that is all overhyped. Guys like Justin Tuck supposedly have long arm length at 33 inches. So 11/2 inches of arm length determine whether you will be successful or not? I don't think so.

#34 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

a 6'1 260 pound d linemen....

i'll pass

But a 6'2" 270 guy is worth 76 millions right??

#35 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Carolina already knows that guy can play. Numbers might be overhyped, but at this point, they're the biggest indicators of future performance available. Why isn't it reasonable to assume that a small defensive end will struggle against the run, or that a short one will struggle to get his hands on pass blockers? We've seen it before--trends are the reason that numbers are valued. The trends go against him. He could be an exception, but the top ten isn't really a spot where I want hope to be a deciding factor.

#36 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

6'2 is to short for my liking. My ideal DE is 6'4-6'6 275

#37 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Carolina already knows that guy can play. Numbers might be overhyped, but at this point, they're the biggest indicators of future performance available. Why isn't it reasonable to assume that a small defensive end will struggle against the run, or that a short one will struggle to get his hands on pass blockers? We've seen it before--trends are the reason that numbers are valued. The trends go against him. He could be an exception, but the top ten isn't really a spot where I want hope to be a deciding factor.

Is anything sure in the draft?? If you look at numbers, Ingram had 10 sacks as a senior, that is pretty good production. The issue is that 6'2" isn't small for a DE. His height may not help him bat down passes but it gives him plenty of leverage in rushing the passer. If he had serious knocks against him he wouldn't be rated the best DE in the draft and a top 10 pick. Apparently most of the experts don't agree he isn't a top 10 pick.

#38 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Is anything sure in the draft?? If you look at numbers, Ingram had 10 sacks as a senior, that is pretty good production. The issue is that 6'2" isn't small for a DE. His height may not help him bat down passes but it gives him plenty of leverage in rushing the passer. If he had serious knocks against him he wouldn't be rated the best DE in the draft and a top 10 pick. Apparently most of the experts don't agree he isn't a top 10 pick.

Coples is the best DE.

Ingram is projected as a 3-4 OLB.

#39 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

6'2" is small when your competition is 6'5". He can't bat down passes or use his hands to disengage his blocker. He had good production. He's athletic, and can find a spot in this league. I just wouldn't be that pick that he's going to be one of the better defensive ends in the NFL when similar guys have struggled.

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Coples is the best DE.

Ingram is projected as a 3-4 OLB.

Funny but this has him listed as the best DE in the draft and the best OLB.

http://walterfootbal...draft2012DE.php

http://walterfootbal...t2012OLB3-4.php

#41 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Funny but this has him listed as the best DE in the draft and the best OLB.

http://walterfootbal...draft2012DE.php

http://walterfootbal...t2012OLB3-4.php

So he is a OLB and DE and is the best at both?

If that was the case he would be a consensus top 5 pick! lmao

Get the fug out of here!

He is gonna be an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

#42 soysauce2580

soysauce2580

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

He's gonna be a beast wherever he goes....

#43 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

So he is a OLB and DE and is the best at both?

If that was the case he would be a consensus top 5 pick! lmao

Get the fug out of here!

He is gonna be an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

He is a top 10 pick and is in the same group with a bunch of others like Couples and Cox and guys who have ben mocked between 5 and 15. He could be higher if 3 out of the top 7or 8 positions were not quarterback.

#44 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

He is a top 10 pick and is in the same group with a bunch of others like Couples and Cox and guys who have ben mocked between 5 and 15. He could be higher if 3 out of the top 7or 8 positions were not quarterback.

He might be a top 10 pick, which is because he is arguably the best 3-4 OLB prospect.

Not because he is the best DE AND OLB.

If that was the case he would be the 1st or 2nd player drafted after Luck and RG3.

#45 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

He was born in Carolina, went to college in the other Carolina...

It IS meant to happen! Let this guy slip and you will regret it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com