Photo
- - - - -

Which 'biblical Marriage' Are Amendment One Supporters Talking About?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#136 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,506 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I have close friends that are talking about leaving the state if it passes :(

#137 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

The Dems sold it down the river, letting the Republicans have this vote on their primary day.

#138 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

i don't see what's so wrong with this amendment. i mean if you can't tolerate the right's bigotry then truly you are the real bigot here

#139 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Op-ed in the Raleigh N&O arguing against the ban.
http://www.newsobser...es-too-far.html

We are native Southerners and we oppose legalizing same-sex marriage.

One of us (David), reared in Mississippi, has for more than two decades directed a think tank, the Institute for American Values, that aims to strengthen marriage and reduce divorce and unwed childbearing. In 2010, he served as an expert court witness in California’s widely followed “Proposition 8” marriage case.

The other (Elizabeth) grew up in North Carolina and has for a decade directed the Center for Marriage and Families at the same institute. She has made her case against same sex marriage in national opinion pieces, book chapters and reports. We believe that marriage is a uniquely important institution that unites mothers and fathers to their children.

But as marriage advocates, we oppose the state marriage amendment now being debated in North Carolina. We hope that when North Carolinians go to the polls on May 8 they will defeat this measure. Let us explain.

The proposed amendment states that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state.” That’s a big mouthful, and it goes well beyond the issue of same-sex marriage.

For one thing, it means that North Carolina could not, now or ever, take any step or devise any policy to extend legal recognition and protection to same-sex couples. No domestic partnership laws. No civil unions. Nothing.

#140 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,494 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Nice find. I think that the wording of the amendment will get it passed, even though I suspect it wouldn't be passed if it was clear to voters it also prevented more than just "gays getting married."

#141 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,845 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

I wish there was a way I could protest just how wasteful and deceptive this referendum is. And here I am wasting my time talking about it on the interwebs.

#142 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

It'll be overturned by the Supreme Court eventually, so who even cares. Let them have their circlejerk and work themselves up into gay-rage until blood rushes into their penises. It doesn't even really matter anymore.

#143 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

It'll be overturned by the Supreme Court eventually, so who even cares. Let them have their circlejerk and work themselves up into gay-rage until blood rushes into their penises. It doesn't even really matter anymore.

No. While I agree it will be eventually overturned, we shouldn't be using an amendment to the State Constitution that will take away people's rights. The whole point of a constitution is to PROTECT people's rights. I'm not good with people losing rights for even a day. It's wrong.

#144 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

No. While I agree it will be eventually overturned, we shouldn't be using an amendment to the State Constitution that will take away people's rights. The whole point of a constitution is to PROTECT people's rights. I'm not good with people losing rights for even a day. It's wrong.

no but see this amendment does protect peoples rights. according to noted retard blackcatgrowl allowing gay marriage is actually an infringement of straight rights or something. won't someone please think of the straight people?

#145 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,494 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

straight white men are the most discriminated group in the country, duh

#146 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

http://www.charlotte...th-leading.html

Based on his sermon, Davis buys none of it. “You’ve heard the talk. As African-Americans, we ought to know that this is discrimination. Discrimination? Black people have been discriminated against because of the color of our skin, not by our behavior or a choice of lifestyle.”
“I was born like this!” Davis shouted while he pointed at his bare hand, “amen ” and “preach-it” rising up from the congregation.

I need you to understand that you and I must stand for what God says!”

Pretty much the same arguments that the Southerners used in defense of slavery.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#147 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

What are you blasphamists talking about? The Internet was not in the bible so we need to take it down!!!!!

#148 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,494 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

http://www.charlotte...th-leading.html

Pretty much the same arguments that the Southerners used in defense of slavery.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

this is essentially what that leaked document about how the Republicans plan to splinter the Dems was all about.

#149 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

See, this is why we cant have states rights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com