Photo
- - - - -

Which 'biblical Marriage' Are Amendment One Supporters Talking About?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#31 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

"I have a dream, that some day, civil rights will be put up for a vote to see if we get them or not."

No. Rights are rights. They are ingrained and inalienable and should not have to go through an approval process.

I agree. It's when people are being denied those rights that it becomes everyone's business. That's precisely the case with this amendment.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well yeah, when I say it's not anyone's business, I just mean it shouldn't be for the population at large to decide via vote. Of course it's our business to see that justice is done.

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

-Easter is the foundation of Christianity, but it was blended with the Pagan ritual of celebration of the spring equinox which celebrates the time to start planting crops

Easter has pretty much absolutely nothing to do with Christ or Christianity historically. The name "Easter" the Easter Ham, rabbits, eggs, all of it come from the Pagan story of the ressurection of Tammuz on the day of "Ishtar", pronounced Easter.

#34 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

/

#35 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

So let me get this straight, you (the majority) vote against them having the same rights as you, it goes to court and gets overturned because majority can not put legal rights of the minority on ballots and you end up crying about judicial activism again.

amIright?

#36 cotblock

cotblock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

So let me get this straight, you (the majority) vote against them having the same rights as you, it goes to court and gets overturned because majority can not put legal rights of the minority on ballots and you end up crying about judicial activism again.

amIright?

Nope.

#37 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

to be fair, theologically speaking the old testament law has been replaced by new testament covenant, so it's really only fair to ascribe NT beliefs to supporters of the amendment

I hate this argument. If the OT is invalid, why even subscribe to the entire bible? Why have the OT IN the bible? If OT law is invalid, why is it EVERY Christian references the 632 commandments (although, they typically think there are only 10)? If we're saying the OT is no long valid as a reference for moral guidance, then let's just toss it out. But no, we can't, because that takes away the creation story and the fall, both of which the religion hinges on. So, instead, let's pick and choose which parts of the bible we don't like. Jesus NEVER said the OT law is invalid. He actually endorsed it. Paul, a man who CLAIMED to have a vision of Jesus, said the OT law is no more and by "faith we are saved". Not Jesus.

So, you see, most Christians aren't Christians. They're Paul-inians.

#38 cotblock

cotblock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I hate this argument. If the OT is invalid, why even subscribe to the entire bible? Why have the OT IN the bible? If OT law is invalid, why is it EVERY Christian references the 632 commandments (although, they typically think there are only 10)? If we're saying the OT is no long valid as a reference for moral guidance, then let's just toss it out. But no, we can't, because that takes away the creation story and the fall, both of which the religion hinges on.

There's some honesty. Here's some more. Any religion based on stories in a book has humanity as its source.

#39 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Gotta stop the spread of the Ghey!

Keep them freaks from infectin more people!

And PhillyB is right.

Christ's life and sacrifice abrogated all of the old laws and rules.

Wrong.

#40 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

There's some honesty. Here's some more. Any religion based on stories in a book has humanity as its source.

Do you care to extrapolate? BTW, I am by NO means defending religion on this whatsoever. Cat and pretty much everybody here knows this.

#41 cotblock

cotblock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Do you care to extrapolate? BTW, I am by NO means defending religion on this whatsoever. Cat and pretty much everybody here knows this.

Source of religion = book. Source of book = humanity. Source of religion = humanity.

#42 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Source of religion = book. Source of book = humanity. Source of religion = humanity.

Right, I get that. What's the point you're trying to make in relation to my initial comment?

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,921 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

let's not lable an entire group while in the thread are saying that same group is umm, labeling a group.

you would be surprised the # of christians where this is a NON issue. it's the political party base/false religious types that are jumping all over this.

im a christian and don't sweat gay marriage one bit. i look at this simply as an equal right issue. i may totally disagree with the lifestyle etc, but i get them having the same rights as anybody else.

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

I also know a lot of people like this. The problem is that Big Religion is driving this and too many of the rank and file are not opposing it. This is why religion will continue to have a bad name with many people.

I know a woman who is going through an issue now where she's worked at a church daycare for years with the best track record, and it's come out she is gay, and parents are now trying to get her removed as unfit. Like she's going to teach lessons on how to be a lesbian to 4 year olds. Disgusting.

#45 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Agreed with pstall. I'm a Christian and could care less if homosexuals want to get married. Just because someone is a Christian doesn't mean they agree with the thoughts/beliefs that some perceived Christians preach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com