Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

What If We Don't Get The #1 Pick? What If We Miss On Our Pick?

30 posts in this topic

That's my point. Gerald was our franchise player here. I was a fan of his since I read about him when I was like 14 in Slam, when he was still in high school... And I was so pissed when we traded him, but there was a reason we only went to the playoffs once and got swept like we had no business being there. And we didn't get there until we brought in another guy that was equal to him in production.

He was our only franchise player. However, he was still NOT a game changer or franchise changer.

With the lack of talent on this team....a small market....and an owner to was the primary for and leader pushing for a hard salary cap (I do agree with him, but it may have alienated the players)....Charlotte MUST get lucky and draft a Durant/Kobe/LaBron style franchise changer.

If they are unable to....they will continue to only aspire for even mediocrity.

What if we don't get the #1 pick?

We continue to suck.

DX has MKG projected as Gerald Wallace at best and Corey Brewer at worst. Either way, that's not a franchise player in most places.

Just because his "best case" comparison is Gerald Wallace doesnt mean he doesnt have the potential to be a far better player than Wallace was/ is. Those player comparisons are for just that- looking at the success/ failure players with similar talents and playing styles have had in the NBA. Go back and look at Kevin Love's profile from the same site- best case was David West, worst case was Sean May (lol). But I dont think anyone would claim Kevin Love isnt a franchise player. Russell Westbrooks best case was... Leandro Barbosa. Its not a perfect science.

As to the OP, relax. This draft is much deeper and more talented than last years, which wasnt too bad itself imo. Nearly every draft has multiple game changing players, and even if we dont land a franchise player this team has a boatload of needs- fill one and wait until next year. The bobcats arent making the playoffs next year even if they land the number 1 and Anthony Davis turns out to be the next David Robinson, any talented young players will help the rebuilding process.

"Helpless victim?" .....I'm actually pulling for the NBA to screw the bobcats.

yeah we really need more fans like you

Why do you hope the Bobcats don't get the #1 pick? You're such a fine young male

yeah we really need more fans like you

I'm not a fan so you have nothing to worry about.

Bobcats, as it is, only have a 25% chance to win the lottery.

He's not a fan, he just spends the majority of his time on the Bobcat board. He cant leave us or this place alone. Bobs are the poo, so I don't blame him.

panthers had a fugton of jerkwads just like him before they made their superbowl run

I remember, Panthers buzz died in the late 90s, then people hopped back on the wagon in 03. Thats why I'm so hard on these revisionists. The stuff they romanticize or embellish, I lived thru. Hornets innaugural season, 91 all star weekend, playoff series against the C's in 93, Johnny Newman bball camp at JCSU, B Davis rookie season and dunk over KG. Been there, done that. I was there. Hell, I got Hornets authentics, tees, and hats collecting dust in my closet right now. I'm not some transplant that just moved here 7 years ago that knows nothing of the Hornets just hating. I was a season ticket holder and fan myself. So when I see dudes come up here and act like it cant no greater than the Hornets or Panthers I call em out. Charlotte fans (Panthers/Hornets/Bobs) nationally are known and recognized as fairweather supporters of their losing teams. And the rebrand thread and its supporters show you that stereotype fits like a glove. There's no nuts or backbone round these parts, just conditional support.

I remember, Panthers buzz died in the late 90s, then people hopped back on the wagon in 03. Thats why I'm so hard on these revisionists. The stuff they romanticize or embellish, I lived thru. Hornets innaugural season, 91 all star weekend, playoff series against the C's in 93, Johnny Newman bball camp at JCSU, B Davis rookie season and dunk over KG. Been there, done that. I was there. Hell, I got Hornets authentics, tees, and hats collecting dust in my closet right now. I'm not some transplant that just moved here 7 years ago that knows nothing of the Hornets just hating. I was a season ticket holder and fan myself. So when I see dudes come up here and act like it cant no greater than the Hornets or Panthers I call em out. Charlotte fans (Panthers/Hornets/Bobs) nationally are known and recognized as fairweather supporters of their losing teams. And the rebrand thread and its supporters show you that stereotype fits like a glove. There's no nuts or backbone round these parts, just conditional support.

KT, just admit it.

The ONLY reason you support the Bobcats so feverishly is because they have a minority owner. If the owner were white, you would say the same thing that you do about the Panthers.

You are what you are my friend....and that is an angry and bitter racist.

1 person likes this