Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Coples Vs. Derrick Harvey (08' Draft Bust)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Just draft J.Clowney. from South Carolina in two years. Rumor has it he wants to play on the same team as Cam and would sign well under value.

#17 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

"hey guys i'm going to find the biggest busts in recent memory with similar specs to coples brb"

#18 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Lol, wow. You think Coples will even be as good as Harvey????

I don't.

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Coples worries me, but if you have a shot at drafting a potentially elite DE you take it.

#20 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

^^^ true Catman.

And his name is Ingram :)

#21 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

yeah they both suck

#22 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

HOLY poo! How did we not see this! Do not deny the truth that is height, weight, and speed!

#23 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

JaMarcus Russell - 6'6 260 lb
Cam Newton - 6'5 250 lb

hmm.. I think you might be onto something, op.

#24 mg32286

mg32286

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

JaMarcus Russell - 6'6 260 lb
Cam Newton - 6'5 250 lb

hmm.. I think you might be onto something, op.

and one can make plays and one couldn't. No comparison.

Coples is very comparable to Harvey and Jamaal Anderson.
The point of the comparison is just to show that the lack of work ethic and determination is a big deal..

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

#25 amcoolio

amcoolio

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Its a total crapshoot when it comes to DE's. And since Coples shows nothing extraordinary, we should not draft him. Unless he falls to the 2nd round, then he is maybe worth a shot. But I would be livid if we drafted him 9th. He wouldn't be any better than Hardy is for the next couple of years. It'd be a total waste.

#26 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

and one can make plays and one couldn't. No comparison.

Coples is very comparable to Harvey and Jamaal Anderson.
The point of the comparison is just to show that the lack of work ethic and determination is a big deal..

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

I think you missed my point. I was basically laughing at you.

But.. in all seriousness, really, I do see where you are coming from. You are comparing their work either more so than their size, ext.

We shall see, I guess.

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

You can look at anyone in the draft and find someone with similar characteristics who ended up being a bust. It doesn't mean that the guy we pick will be a bust or that we shouldn't draft him. Threads like this are a total waste if the intent is to convince the masses whether we should draft him or not.

this.....the OP's comparison is laughable at best.

#28 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I see what the OP is getting at as well, and I also understand the counter argument that you can find anyone comparable and label them a bust.

But anyone saying it's 'laughable' or foolish in some way to make comparisons has a stick up their ass.

It's done all the damn time in the NFL in scouting, acting like this is a completely invalid opinion is asinine.

Just for the record, what is it about Coples that you guys like? Where is your much more enlightened perspective on him as a prospect? Oh that's right, you know as much as any of us know. You just like to act like you know more when half of you idiots wanted nothing to do with Cam and wanted to trade 89 just a year ago.

I hate fugers who come into a thread a type out one bullshit line about how an OPs point is garbage. It's the same douchebags doing it every time too.

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I see what the OP is getting at as well, and I also understand the counter argument that you can find anyone comparable and label them a bust.

But anyone saying it's 'laughable' or foolish in some way to make comparisons has a stick up their ass.

It's done all the damn time in the NFL in scouting, acting like this is a completely invalid opinion is asinine.

Just for the record, what is it about Coples that you guys like? Where is your much more enlightened perspective on him as a prospect? Oh that's right, you know as much as any of us know. You just like to act like you know more when half of you idiots wanted nothing to do with Cam and wanted to trade 89 just a year ago.

I hate fugers who come into a thread a type out one bullshit line about how an OPs point is garbage. It's the same douchebags doing it every time too.

I mean it is laughable becasue fo revery comparison you want to make showing bust....I can make one showing success.

#30 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Im not even gonna try to shoot down or propell any prospect this year cuz i was so wrong about Cam last year. I have my thoughts but im keeping them to myself until they are proven false or true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.