112 replies to this topic

#31 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Pretty much on the draft, he's saying BPA at pretty all selections. Including WR but more Defensive oriented... but BPA is what they will probably follow.

Says there is still a shot that Shockey comes back. They are still talking to his agent. Says he'd like him back.

He did indicate that the safety of the pick would be a factor

#32 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

On Stewart's status as a Panther in 2012: Yes, we want to do everything to try and extend him and keep him here. He's a valuable player for us."

"So don't offer us a measley third rounder for him"

#33 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

For the life of me, I don't get why some of you are so eager to breakup DeAngelo and Stew.

#34 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

For the life of me, I don't get why some of you are so eager to breakup DeAngelo and Stew.

I don't get it either.

#35 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Is that it or is there more recap??? Thanks, maybe...

#36 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Is that it or is there more recap??? Thanks, maybe...

they talked about Cam and how he did last season. and the Steve Smith Contract. other than that... it's all been covered I do believe.

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I don't get it either.

It has been discussed by 100 pages of posts in the last month. How could you not have an idea on this?

#38 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

It's because journalist's that have never ran a team, "talking heads" on TV (previeouly fired headcoaches and GM's) or fantasy football guys that can't use either on their fantasy team have told them that it's a bad idea. None of which knows or cares a damn thing about this team and what the coaches feel is in the best interest of the Panthers.

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Because people would prefer to pay good money for talent to be on the field. 99% of the time you would have elite paid talent on the bench of we end up giving Stewart a deal and keeping both.

You can also look at other teams and ask why not one of the other 31 teams drafted RBs in the 1st round that close to together

#40 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

nobody hates stewart and is eager to run him out of town. some people just think there are more important positions than running back and want to focus fixing some of other more pressing and more important holes rather than continue to overspend on a devalued easy to fill position.

can't understand why people don't want to give stewart a fat contract? very simply, spending money at one position means you have less to spend on other positions. what I don't understand is how this VERY basic VERY simple concept still seems to elude some people.

#41 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,514 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Panther fans are a funny bunch.

They want talent, but don't want to pay for it.

#42 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

don't mind paying a fair reasonable price

don't like seeing us massively overpay a players true market value as that generally leads you to being maxed out cap wise yet still having a weak roster

#43 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Uh oh

#44 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

you can watch/listen here - http://profootballta...th-john-mullin/

click the 'watch it all live' link and then click "more video" and choose the hurney segment.

#45 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

nobody hates stewart and is eager to run him out of town. some people just think there are more important positions than running back and want to focus fixing some of other more pressing and more important holes rather than continue to overspend on a devalued easy to fill position.

can't understand why people don't want to give stewart a fat contract? very simply, spending money at one position means you have less to spend on other positions. what I don't understand is how this VERY basic VERY simple concept still seems to elude some people.

Getting rid of Stewart to fix other positions creates a problem at the RB position.

Contrary to dumb belief, Deangelo =/= Stewart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.