Photo
- - - - -

What Will Our Projected Cap-Space Be June 1St?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

i thought maybin was universally regarded as a horrific bust? bills cut him after taking him 11th overall in 2009?

edit: looked up and saw that he did decent in the jets 3-4 and they put a 1st round tender on him, so you can go ahead and scratch him off any want list

Crap, never knew they put a tender on him. Never mind.

#38 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

The panthers saved right at 8 million with the Olsen and Smith deals, count in the previous cap number and the numbers from Wharton. Which means the Panther's will have around 13.8 million in cap space come June 1st.

#39 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Which means the Panther's will have around 13.8 million in cap space come June 1st.

Holy crap, that's a nice chunk of change... But isn't 5 or so mil allocated for the Rookies? You'd be looking at 8.8 mil then no?

#40 BEASTfromdaEAST

BEASTfromdaEAST

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

1.Extend JSTEW
2.BRAYLON EDWARDS
3.Shock

If that happened I would be soooo happy

#41 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Holy crap, that's a nice chunk of change... But isn't 5 or so mil allocated for the Rookies? You'd be looking at 8.8 mil then no?

Yea a percentage is set aside or pooled for the rookie class, the pool will probably be around 7 million with the top ten pick. Leaving around 7 million, I expect that the team will try to sign Shockey. I wouldn't expect anything other then that, the Panther's need to move that money to next season's cap to help out there.

#42 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Shockey and Stew should be priority. Wr's might not be as bad as people seem to think. Gettis, Lefelle, Edwards, and Smith should all contribute nicely. Ecspecially with Stew and Shock in the line-ups. After that we need a kicker with 20\20 vision.

#43 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

If we truly are sitting on $11m in cap space I would resign J Stew to a front loaded three year deal.

Umm not a good idea. Since next year cap will be tight aswell. It might be better to back load or spread the money over the length of the contract. Front loading it would hurt the cap next year. Back loading would give panthers time to pay it to him. Also give time for the new TV deal to kick in 2014 and give teams a whole lot more money to work with.

#44 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

1.Extend JSTEW
2.BRAYLON EDWARDS
3.Shock

If that happened I would be soooo happy

Get over it. Shocky most likely done with the panthers. Time to move on and trust in Olsen instead.

#45 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Playing for the Tie

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Get over it. Shocky most likely done with the panthers. Time to move on and trust in Olsen instead.

I actually believe the front office is ready to move on without him unless he signs a cap friendly contract. The Shockey signing in March might have been a panic move given the uncertainty of the CBA lockout looming. Shockey performed well and gave us a "bad guy" personality on offense to complement Cam. Would love to have him back, but I also wouldn't mind developing a young TE to complement Olsen.

#46 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think we'll sign a couple more guys before it's all said and done. The Nakamura/Tolbert type of free agents that you can feel good about and don't cost a ton.

#47 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I actually believe the front office is ready to move on without him unless he signs a cap friendly contract. The Shockey signing in March might have been a panic move given the uncertainty of the CBA lockout looming. Shockey performed well and gave us a "bad guy" personality on offense to complement Cam. Would love to have him back, but I also wouldn't mind developing a young TE to complement Olsen.

I think if Olsen can give a little more heart into his work. Olsen would work fine for us. I would like Shock back. But if then it is time to move and trust that Olsen can get the job done.