• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heyyall

Let's Be Honest Here........

he's definitely not the sexiest pick ever, but if the guy can play I wouldn't mind it

I agree that Kuechly is looking like the right pick at this point but disagree with moving Beason to OLB. Kuechly can play all 3 LB positions which adds to his value.

Btw Mike Mayock has Kuechly as the #6 overall player in this year's draft. Mayock ranked Coples as #50.

Kuechly is the obvious pick, he's got swagger, class, character and is a fuging beast on the field!!! He's bust proof, here's a guy who lead the nation in tackles and can read offenses like Peyton Manning reads defenses. He will be the pick, no debate about it. He's the next Urlacher and that's just too good to pass up. Beason can move to OLB.

You made some valid points until you lost 99.9 percent of the Huddle and your mind with the last sentence.

You made some valid points until you lost 99.9 percent of the Huddle and your mind with the last sentence.

Forget about that idea then.

I wonder how Kuechly woyld have fared in the SEC, or another BCS conference. Oh, I almost forgot, the ACC is a BCS conference...LMFAO

beason has played OLB before. dont discount rivera moving them around to different positions to confuse offenses if keuchly is the pick.

I would never take Luke Kuechly in the top 15. 1) Good in coverage but not a pass rusher = lower value. 2) He's not a top 15 talent, period.

I'd prefer Gilmore only after Coples, Cox, Reiff. Far ahead of Poe, Brockers, Kuechly

This Kuechly talk to the Panthers at 9 is straight jibberish

https://twitter.com/...758858795819009

Beason's production and overall presence fell off when he was at OLB. That's why we are having a hard time fathoming the thought. Been there. Done That. Not to say that Rivera couldn't/wouldn't come up with some specialized looks in order to maximize Kuechly's talents.

I agree that Kuechly is looking like the right pick at this point but disagree with moving Beason to OLB. Kuechly can play all 3 LB positions which adds to his value.

Btw Mike Mayock has Kuechly as the #6 overall player in this year's draft. Mayock ranked Coples as #50.

He also ranked Blaine Gabbert as the #5 overall player. Cam was #21.

I like Kuechly a lot, but you also have to consider that drafting him would essentially be admitting that either Anderson or Davis won't be here long-term. Considering Anderson just signed a long-term deal, that's unlikely. Davis... well, it's obviously more complicated than that, but Hurney obviously wants to give him every opportunity to play.

I'm just not sure taking Kuechly is the best option as far as getting maximum value for the pick in terms of playing time as a rookie or in terms of long-term need. If we were switching to 3-4 it'd be a no-brainer, but since we're not, I'd rather take the other "safe" pick that will be there for us: David DeCastro.