Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Espn Preseason Top25 As Of 04-12

56 posts in this topic

Posted

And yet calling him a Walmart Heel fan is somehow an enlightening, value adding, discussion tool?

So I'm supposed to write a long post chronicling how immature of a person he is that he neg rep's people just to be a troll?

And incase you didn't notice, I actually was talking about and adding something to the conversation. Not just adding a thoughtless LOL in a single post and calling it a day.

Posted

So I'm supposed to write a long post chronicling how immature of a person he is that he neg rep's people just to be a troll?

Maybe ignore it? Surely you must realize that making a statement such as the one you did might be seen as a general attack on people who haven't attended UNC and are Heel fans? I think it detracts from any otherwise intelligent or thought provoking statement contained in any of your posts.

Posted

Maybe ignore it? Surely you must realize that making a statement such as the one you did might be seen as a general attack on people who haven't attended UNC and are Heel fans? I think it detracts from any otherwise intelligent or thought provoking statement contained in any of your posts.

I disagree, I see it as an attack on 1 maybe 2 irrational heels fans that can't seem to add anything to the discussion and when proven wrong they hide and neg rep. Stan you have had some good post that I have enjoyed reading so don't take up for some moron just because he pulls for the same school as you. There are some jack@$$ Duke fans out there that I would never take up for because they can't look at things rationally.

Posted

I have a ton of respect for people who actually went to Carolina, while many of them are still crazily biased, at least they know their facts. I have 6 members of my extended fam that went to UNC(my 4 cousins were like brothers to me), and know quite a few other people who actually attended UNC. I am not trying to put down actual UNC alum's bc most of them know what they are talking about. But for every 1 of them, there seem to be 5 fans who don't know a damn thing about Carolina and like them only because its, for a lack of a better word, trendy. The guys that you don't hear a thing about UNC from, unless Duke loses, or Carolina does something impressive. Those are the people I am talking about. The kind of people like the ones in my neighborhood, during the NIT season you had, there were absolutely no Carolina flags or w/e in peoples yards. Yet, the season before, there were between 5-8 yards with UNC stuff in it. It bothers me, no matter what team, when the fans pick and choose when they want to be a fan. Thats why I have watched almost every Duke game since i was about 10, only missed a couple of Panthers games, watched every Manchester United game for the past 4 years, etc. My team's are my team because I am invested in them, good season or bad doesn't change that.

Edit: Didn't mean to run a little off topic, but fair weather fans piss me off.

Posted

I disagree, I see it as an attack on 1 maybe 2 irrational heels fans that can't seem to add anything to the discussion and when proven wrong they hide and neg rep. Stan you have had some good post that I have enjoyed reading so don't take up for some moron just because he pulls for the same school as you. There are some jack@$$ Duke fans out there that I would never take up for because they can't look at things rationally.

This.

Posted

Wasn't taking up for him, not my place to. I don't like the term Walmart fan...because I never attended UNC. Nevermind the fact that probably 95% of the fans of any college sports team with a great tradition, never attended the school (so it's not just UNC that has "Walmart" fans). I just find it irrational that anyone would question anybody else's loyalty to any team particularly on a message board where most people don't know each other personally. Now if Munch knew this guy, and the guy exhibited the trademarks of the "fairweather" UNC fan...then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just seems like a general desperation attack, where an attack really isn't needed...especially one that may be viewed as an attack on a general group of people. I used to get neg repped all the time (back in my trolling days)...and that didn't bother me in the least, in fact it probably fed into more trolling. It's entertainment for some people. I realize that's never going to change, there will always be trollers, but my point is don't feed into it by acknowledging it...and in the process possibly alienating other people you may not have intended to.

Posted

My wife went to unc and her whole family bleeds unc blue but they are rational, you can have a discussion with them that makes sense. My issue is with the unc fans who can't seem to see that this years team has flaws and some pretty glaring ones. I think they can be pretty good or pretty bad it's kind of a crapshoot with them, no proven scorers, or proven ball handlers plus you bring in a bunch of freshmen. This unc team reminds me a lot of the 09-10 team, with no proven scorers or ball handlers, role players and a load of freshmen coming in (Henson, Strickland, Mcdonald, D. Wear, and T. Wear).

Posted

I'm not neg repping you. I'm not even sure how to do it actually.

http://collegebasket...sfer-from-duke/

Posted

Already been talked about and no biggie really. Quick! Name a Duke transfer that has gone on to bigger and better things in the last 20 years. Whenever Duke has a huge recruiting class there is always someone who feels leftout. Good luck to Michael Gbinije wherever he lands.

Posted

Taylor King left Duke and had one good year at Villanova before he left there for whatever reason. Olek Czyz actually helped himself by transferring to Nevada. Seen quite a few mock drafts that actually have him getting drafted in the second round. Not mad at Gbinije for leaving, it just isn't the right fit sometimes. Good luck to him.

Posted

Both won on each others home court and neither won the ACC.

Meh, more proof you don't know what your talking about. UNC won the ACC regular season title this year.

http://aboverim.blog...12-13-ncaa.html

ESPN early bracket has Carolina projected as a #2 seed, while duke will be a #3.

Duke fans are on probation for sh1t talking for a year as far as I'm concerned.

HOW SWEET IT IS!

Posted

My wife went to unc and her whole family bleeds unc blue but they are rational, you can have a discussion with them that makes sense. My issue is with the unc fans who can't seem to see that this years team has flaws and some pretty glaring ones. I think they can be pretty good or pretty bad it's kind of a crapshoot with them, no proven scorers, or proven ball handlers plus you bring in a bunch of freshmen. This unc team reminds me a lot of the 09-10 team, with no proven scorers or ball handlers, role players and a load of freshmen coming in (Henson, Strickland, Mcdonald, D. Wear, and T. Wear).

LOL talking about a team having flaws. Duke has no proven point guard and half the man power inside this coming season compared to last. You better hope Mason Plumlee averages 20 rpg or they are going to get slaughtered inside.

And don't even get me started on winning with freshmen. it's done on a yearly basis in the NCAA.

the fact that you're married is the most shocking part of your post. I thought gay marriage was illegal in NC?