Photo
- - - - -

Espn Preseason Top25 As Of 04-12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#13 Duncan81

Duncan81

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

they had the 2nd best class in the country the year before i know rivers had alot to do with that but they still brought in alot of talent

#14 Munch4455

Munch4455

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

I really enjoy how there are just a lot of UNC fans that you can not have a rational conversation with. Carolina is losing 55 Points, 27 Rebounds, 13 Assists, 5 Blocks, and 2 Steals per game, I am interested in how you think that UNC is going to replace that. And please don't make me laugh at you when you say that your group of 4 star recruits are going to slot into each position seamlessly.

And you keep mentioning the recruiting class, sure we only have on TRUE recruit in Sheed, but in actuality we are getting at least 3 players(assuming we don't get Jefferson or Parker, but I think we will end up with Jefferson) seeing as Alex Murphy and MP3 were both red shirted last year. Alex Murphy was going to be a top 20 recruit in this years class had he not reclassified. Now he will probably be better off because instead of coming into the team fresh, he has had a year to work out, build strength, learn and work with everyone on the team. I don't by any stretch think Duke will be a powerhouse next year, but all reality, they are much more likely to make the tourney than UNC(I think both will make hit though.) You keep talking about Duke not having scorers, when we have half a dozen guys that can go for 25 on any given night. You need to worry about your own scoring, I am curious where UNC are gonna get points from. Not like anyone on the current roster has really lit it up in their time at UNC.

Note: You also keep referencing the game against Lehigh. Do you actually know anything about Coach K's offense? It is pretty much a pick and pop offense, that heavily requires a 4 or 5 being about to knock down a 3 or a long jumper. Happen to notice how we got no penetration when Kelly was out, its bc the screen man could hedge way out on the ball handler, and not have to worry about Mason, Miles, or Josh Hairston drilling a 3. The last time Duke didn't have a big man that couldn't hit 20+ footers was Shelden Williams(04-05). If you actually watched any of the games without Kelly, even someone who knows next to nothing about basketball could see how stagnant Duke's offense was.

Here lemme fix your favorite saying for next year.

HOW SWEET THE NIT IS

#15 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'd rather lose to Lehigh in the 1st round of the NCAA tourney then lose in the NIT championship game.

#16 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Lehigh just scored again!

Trolling aside, who is coming back to Duke?

They are losing their best player/only scorer and return a team that was probably 3-4 best in the ACC and lost in one of the biggest upsets in NCAA history. Oh yeah, not to mention the 6th best recruiting class in the ACC this year.

Another one of those live by the 3/die by the 3 teams next year.

Sure, Coach K is an excellent coach. But he can't go out there and make all the shots and grab all the rebounds, too!

HOW SWEET IT IS

Losing our best and only scorer? Kelly, Curry, Dawkins, and Mason have all proven they can drop 25 to 30 on teams, who on unc's team has proven that? I think our season rests on how good Cook ends up being this year. He battled through the knee injury pretty much all year so I expect improvement from him. Many people forget Cook was the the player of the year as a junior over Kendall Marshall and Tyler Thornton who were both seniors at the time.

MrTD needs to do a little more research, not only about Duke but also his own team because he seems to be in the dark about them.

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Eh, UNC is overrated in that poll, but what are you gonna do? Roy has only had 1 year at UNC where he couldnt replace the guys leaving, and there is definitely still some talent sticking around. Sure nobody is a proven go to player, but there is a lot more returning talent on the roster than 05 or 09. They should be good enough to make the tourney as long as Paige isnt the next Larry Drew, but State and Duke should finish higher in the ACC.

This is such a typical Duke team. They have enough experience and 3 point shooting that K will make it work even though I dont think they are good enough to challenge for a national title.

A State team with expectations? We'll see how that goes, its been a while. Hell, maybe they can even beat UNC for once

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Eh, UNC is overrated in that poll, but what are you gonna do? Roy has only had 1 year at UNC where he couldnt replace the guys leaving, and there is definitely still some talent sticking around. Sure nobody is a proven go to player, but there is a lot more returning talent on the roster than 05 or 09. They should be good enough to make the tourney as long as Paige isnt the next Larry Drew, but State and Duke should finish higher in the ACC.

This is such a typical Duke team. They have enough experience and 3 point shooting that K will make it work even though I dont think they are good enough to challenge for a national title.

A State team with expectations? We'll see how that goes, its been a while. Hell, maybe they can even beat UNC for once

Nice post, I agree with almost everything you said.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Losing our best and only scorer? Kelly, Curry, Dawkins, and Mason have all proven they can drop 25 to 30 on teams, who on unc's team has proven that? I think our season rests on how good Cook ends up being this year. He battled through the knee injury pretty much all year so I expect improvement from him. Many people forget Cook was the the player of the year as a junior over Kendall Marshall and Tyler Thornton who were both seniors at the time.

MrTD needs to do a little more research, not only about Duke but also his own team because he seems to be in the dark about them.

lol!

#20 Munch4455

Munch4455

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

lol!

What an eloquent and informed rebuttal.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

lol!

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

lol!

Wow thanks again for adding so much, you are an embarrassment to heels fans.

#23 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Posted Image

#24 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER