• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Taylor King left Duke and had one good year at Villanova before he left there for whatever reason. Olek Czyz actually helped himself by transferring to Nevada. Seen quite a few mock drafts that actually have him getting drafted in the second round. Not mad at Gbinije for leaving, it just isn't the right fit sometimes. Good luck to him.

#47 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Both won on each others home court and neither won the ACC.

Meh, more proof you don't know what your talking about. UNC won the ACC regular season title this year.

http://aboverim.blog...12-13-ncaa.html

ESPN early bracket has Carolina projected as a #2 seed, while duke will be a #3.

Duke fans are on probation for sh1t talking for a year as far as I'm concerned.

HOW SWEET IT IS!

#48 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

My wife went to unc and her whole family bleeds unc blue but they are rational, you can have a discussion with them that makes sense. My issue is with the unc fans who can't seem to see that this years team has flaws and some pretty glaring ones. I think they can be pretty good or pretty bad it's kind of a crapshoot with them, no proven scorers, or proven ball handlers plus you bring in a bunch of freshmen. This unc team reminds me a lot of the 09-10 team, with no proven scorers or ball handlers, role players and a load of freshmen coming in (Henson, Strickland, Mcdonald, D. Wear, and T. Wear).

LOL talking about a team having flaws. Duke has no proven point guard and half the man power inside this coming season compared to last. You better hope Mason Plumlee averages 20 rpg or they are going to get slaughtered inside.

And don't even get me started on winning with freshmen. it's done on a yearly basis in the NCAA.

the fact that you're married is the most shocking part of your post. I thought gay marriage was illegal in NC?

#49 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

F'n LOL!! There is no such thing as a "ACC regular season title". They don't handout two titles, there's the ACC Championship and thats it.

#50 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

You're incorrect grits. I'll admit that the ACC tourney title is a little more prestigious, but the ACC and NCAA do indeed recognize the team with the best regular season record. Go do some research and get back to me.

#51 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I goggled ACC mens basketball title and ACC mens basketball Championship, both with and without 2012.
Keeps sending me to the ACC tournament page or a write up about Florida St. Whatever does that mean????

#52 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

It took you that long to google that?

#53 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

I believe that the ACC tournament winner is considered the ACC champion. However it really doesn't mean that much today like it did back in the days when the ONLY teams that made the NCAA tourney were the league champions.

In other words, being the official ACC tourney champions doesn't mean all that much, unless you're a team like say the 1983 NC State Wolfpack. If I remember correctly that team wouldn't have even made the NCAA tourney, except that they won the ACC tourney. They went on to win the NCAA championship as well.

#54 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

LOL talking about a team having flaws. Duke has no proven point guard and half the man power inside this coming season compared to last. You better hope Mason Plumlee averages 20 rpg or they are going to get slaughtered inside.

And don't even get me started on winning with freshmen. it's done on a yearly basis in the NCAA.

the fact that you're married is the most shocking part of your post. I thought gay marriage was illegal in NC?

You can make all the derogatory statements you want it just shows how ignorant you really are. I will once again shoot down everything you just posted, Duke doesn't run a traditional offense that has to have a true PG, we won a title with Jon Scheyer running the point. unc needs a great PG to run their offense, Duke doesn't. As far as inside we lost one guy who averaged 6ppg and 7rpg, unc lost 2 guys who together averaged 30ppg and 20rpg so get out your calculator and do some adding and subtracting and you will see unc lost a hell of a lot more then we did. Why are you talking about rebounds and how many Mason needs to get? He has proven he can get double digit rebounds a game, unc's inside guy(McAdoo) has proven he can get 3 per game. unc has a lot more flaws then Duke and a lot more unknowns, and how you can't see that is beyond me. I will try some simple math to help you understand, most people learned this in the 4th grade so here we go:

30ppg>6ppg
20rpg>7rpg

Which means unc's loss inside is greater then Duke's!

#55 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

UNC has lost more...I think he must be pulling your chain.

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

UNC has lost more...I think he must be pulling your chain.

Who knows what he is doing, I am just glad you guys have him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com