Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Rented A Tux Lately?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

My date for my jr prom didn't even wear a suit. He wore a pair of checkered vans, a pair of OP pants that were half pink and half grey, a white dress shirt and black tie and white coat. I have a pic but I don't think I've ever scanned it.

Posted

So I guess I'm the only poor bastard that wore a suit?

fug you guys. :(

nah man mad respect for sticking to your guns

Posted

$120 when I rented one (4 years ago)...the year after though, a place in Hillsborough sells a package including tux, shirt, cufflinks, and something else for $70. Most have been worn once or twice, but I got a brand spanking new one. Hell of a deal.

Posted

I paid like $90 when I went to prom. That was in 2004 and 2005 though.

Posted

Going to the store with him today. I don't understand why it's so high. He's probably picked a designer tux or something. I know it's black on black pinstripe. Who the fug knows what my child has picked.

Posted

Going to the store with him today. I don't understand why it's so high. He's probably picked a designer tux or something. I know it's black on black pinstripe. Who the fug knows what my child has picked.

If you still live in Wilson I would make the trip to Raleigh. What you spend in gas will be worth it if you get one for close to 100 bucks.

Posted

130 mens warehouse for a wedding begining of march.

Posted

in 08' I dropped $150 or so on an all-white tux for my senior prom.

Posted

tell him to screw the prom..go out, get drunk and get laid...that's what it's ...oh..sorry Sunbunny...this isn't some random guy we're talking about...never mind :)

Posted

If it isn't a Tux where he has to rent a specific style or model but you want a black standard one for example, you can actually buy one cheaper than you can rent one. Hard to believe but it is true. The rental places actually sell used ones but my son who is 13 had 3 formal dances to go to as part of the cotillion group he belongs to. I bought him one on Ebay for 40 bucks. Brand new and it had all the components. It looked as good as the one he wore at his older brother's wedding last year which we had to rent for 120 bucks because it had to match all the others.

^^This.

You can purchase a very nice standard black tux for about the price of 1 1/2 rentals. Definitely the way to go.

I actually own several....end up and 5-6 black tie events (silent auctions, charity dinners, awards ceremonies) every year.

Posted

Go buy a really nice black suit.

It's going to be on some random girls rented beach house 2 hours after leaving your house anyway.

Posted

He picked one of the most expensive in the catalog, then an extra charge because he changed the shirt and color. For some reason he bought a pocket square even though his girl should be buying him a boutonnière.