• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I paid like $90 when I went to prom. That was in 2004 and 2005 though.

#17 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Going to the store with him today. I don't understand why it's so high. He's probably picked a designer tux or something. I know it's black on black pinstripe. Who the fug knows what my child has picked.

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Going to the store with him today. I don't understand why it's so high. He's probably picked a designer tux or something. I know it's black on black pinstripe. Who the fug knows what my child has picked.

If you still live in Wilson I would make the trip to Raleigh. What you spend in gas will be worth it if you get one for close to 100 bucks.

#19 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

130 mens warehouse for a wedding begining of march.

#20 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,174 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

in 08' I dropped $150 or so on an all-white tux for my senior prom.

#21 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

tell him to screw the prom..go out, get drunk and get laid...that's what it's ...oh..sorry Sunbunny...this isn't some random guy we're talking about...never mind :)

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,355 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

If it isn't a Tux where he has to rent a specific style or model but you want a black standard one for example, you can actually buy one cheaper than you can rent one. Hard to believe but it is true. The rental places actually sell used ones but my son who is 13 had 3 formal dances to go to as part of the cotillion group he belongs to. I bought him one on Ebay for 40 bucks. Brand new and it had all the components. It looked as good as the one he wore at his older brother's wedding last year which we had to rent for 120 bucks because it had to match all the others.

^^This.

You can purchase a very nice standard black tux for about the price of 1 1/2 rentals. Definitely the way to go.

I actually own several....end up and 5-6 black tie events (silent auctions, charity dinners, awards ceremonies) every year.

#23 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Go buy a really nice black suit.

It's going to be on some random girls rented beach house 2 hours after leaving your house anyway.

#24 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

He picked one of the most expensive in the catalog, then an extra charge because he changed the shirt and color. For some reason he bought a pocket square even though his girl should be buying him a boutonnière.

#25 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

tell him to screw the prom..go out, get drunk and get laid...that's what it's ...oh..sorry Sunbunny...this isn't some random guy we're talking about...never mind :)

He said that was the original plan. lol

#26 KBlizz

KBlizz

Poe Bandwagoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

i just rented one last week. it was 105 after tax. it's really all about where you rent from. places like men's warehouse is overpriced.

#27 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Wilson isn't exactly a hotbed of upscale shopping. There's only one upscale mens store, and that's where we went. Even there, the guy was telling us about a girl coming in with her boyfriend to pick out his tux. She wanted it to match her realtree camo gown that was trimmed in orange blaze. Stay classy Southern Nash.

#28 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

what's up with all these pinstripes and white tuxes? slap him and tell 'em to go with all black or a deep, midnight navy. also, i echo everyone else's sentiment: buying is cheaper than renting. as for costs, the rental places are probably hiking their prices [their no dummies to supply and demand].

#29 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

We don't have time to buy him a tux/suit and get it tailored. I wish we did. I had the date for the prom wrong.

You'd have to know my son to understand why he picked pinstripes vs a basic black tux. He didn't want a white shirt, either. He went with black.

My prom dates in 86 and 88 wore white tuxes.With tails. I will forever associate a white tux with the 80's. It seems cummerbunds are also making a comeback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.