Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russell Wilson On Gruden Qb Camp.

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Could be a back up for Cam.

Obviously not as talented, but can run the offense. Also would be a sharp kid to have in the film room.

I still love him, I can't help it.

With that said, no way I take him before the 5th. I realize we have too many needs.

/NCSU Russell Wilson love.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Russell Wilson in the 6th would be a dream come true.

If Wilson was four inches taller, there would be talk about him going in the Top 10.

Posted · Report post

He will become a starter within 3 years, imo. Would bring us trade asset.

Posted · Report post

I think we're all going to be a little surprised when he goes way too early, like the end of the 3rd early. I like Wilson a lot, but not enough to spend anything higher than a 6th on him.

Posted · Report post

Derek Anderson is our number 2. He actually looked good in the preseason last year. I don't see anyone overtaking him, unless he voluntarily leaves the position.

Posted · Report post

Could be a back up for Cam.

Obviously not as talented, but can run the offense. Also would be a sharp kid to have in the film room.

I still love him, I can't help it.

With that said, no way I take him before the 5th. I realize we have too many needs.

/NCSU Russell Wilson love.

Amen brother. I would love to have this kid as Cam's backup...PLEASE let him fall to the 6th!

Posted · Report post

1st round talent. 7th round size.

I would love to take him around the 6th or so but some other QB needy team will take him earlier.

Posted · Report post

Derek Anderson is our number 2. He actually looked good in the preseason last year. I don't see anyone overtaking him, unless he voluntarily leaves the position.

I think Derek Anderson is awesome for the team, awesome for Cam, and a great guy to have around for the chemistry of the team. But, I'd like there to be a 3rd QB that is learning the mobile-QB offense, learning the zone read, so that, God forbid, if Cam gets hurt, the offense wouldn't change as much as if Anderson stepped in.

(And it'd give us a reason to get rid of Clausen.)

Posted · Report post

He won't even be able to see over our lineman. No.

Posted · Report post

I heard earlier today that he was projected to go between the 4th and 7th.

It's crazy. I love everything about the guy and hope we pick him up with one of those picks. I'm a sucker for underdogs too and any guy coming in the league as a QB at 5'10" is automatically one of my favorite players. I think he has quality starter potential down the road as well.

Posted · Report post

He won't even be able to see over our lineman. No.

His Wisc O-line was bigger than ours. They averaged over 6'6".