Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future Of One Jimmy Clausen.

Clausens Future.   106 votes

1. 1. What should happen to Clausen?

• Trade him for whatever we can get!
    • Just cut him, he doesn't have any trade value.
    • Other. (Explanation)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting a player for him would be nice too.

Posted

Other- Start him.

Posted

1. Other: Football is a business. Many have said it before I. He's young and learing. I'm sure with the pressure off of him he's grown as a player. Keep him around, let him play in the preseason. Get some intrest in the guy. If he garners it then good we have an option to move him. If he blows his chance to be seen well then you consider cutting him. I mean come on. Cut him now to save a million. Who we gonna pick up (FA) with that million saved.

Posted

Everytime I see #2 I just think it should be Cam...

Posted

If we draft a qb later in the draft then I think its a done deal that we cut him. Hopefully we can get some value for him but he could easily get cut imo.

Posted

I don't mind him staying as long as he's improving. I would let him see a ton of action in the pre-season and hopefully he increases his value to us or to another team.

Posted

I see him getting cut at the end of the final preseason game and us carrying 2 QBs

Posted

I'd take him into another pre-season and see how he performs. I don't really see much point in cutting him now. There's no big money free agents left and no better 3rd stringers to replace him.

Posted

He showed an improvement last preseason. If he could show more improvement, he could generate a little interest. Though, I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup once Anderson is gone. I don't think Anderson is going to be back after this season. Clausen could be a pretty good no.2 QB.

Posted

That's the other point I forgot to make, He did improve from last year. But Cam was just too much for him to over come. Although how long would you keep him for? Pre-season?

I doubt he gets first team snaps though. Cam has this offense on lock down. I just don't see the benefit of keeping him past the pre-season or 4-5 games into the season.

Come on Hurney, Make this happen with your magic.

Posted

The only player we could get in a trade would probably be another offensive lineman on the verge of getting cut.

Do it, Hurney.

Posted

this thread=the pinacle of off season threads...damn I can't wait until the draft