• 455 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

This regime is downright scary. Let's see they:
Call then press in from all over the world
Try to launch a rocket that has done NOTHING but fail
Wants to brag about it but can't because it fell in the ocean
The press that is there knows about it before 99% of them
They have no backup plan on what to tell them should it fail

All I can say is WOW. Now they are embarrased and who knows what they may try next with this 29 yo nut job. Maybe if they start trying to duct tape a nuclear warhead on this "missle" they will blow themselves up and we will not have to worry about it.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

One could hope that it blows up right over their central gov...

unfortunately for us...a simple EMP effect will do no good as no one will be able to tell it occurred.

#3 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,471 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

They can't launch a satellite into space. We better wipe em off the face of the earth.

#4 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I don't know why I thought they would get some act right when Kim Jung il died and his son took over. Looks like they are on the same path as they always have been.

#5 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,512 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Perhaps my favorite North Korea moment of recent memory is when they lost to Brazil 4-1 in the World Cup but only showed their citizens the NK goal and then told them that they won.

#6 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Perhaps my favorite North Korea moment of recent memory is when they lost to Brazil 4-1 in the World Cup but only showed their citizens the NK goal and then told them that they won.

I'm pretty sure this started out as an onion article making fun of that

http://pluckyfish.co...rs-brazil-50-0/

North Korea hammers Brazil 50-0

Posted Image
Pyongyang, North Korea: State television announces the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s great 50-0 victory over Brazil in their opening game of the 2010 World Cup.
Fifty goals, 49 of them scored before half-time, were all that separated Brazil from the mighty North Korea in yesterdays match according to Korean Central Television.
The hapless Brazilians, many of them probably American spies, never stood a chance when following a goalless opening five minutes the North Koreans bought on their star substitute – none other than the supreme Dear Leader and worlds most respected man Kim Jong-Il himself.

As the Supreme Leader of North Korea and worlds best Astronaut appeared on the touch-line lacing up his boots, the crowd fell silent in anticipation – the whole world held its breath then erupted into cheers and applause as the substitution was made. Five of North Korea’s squad were substituted for the one Kim Jong-Il; at the Dear Leaders own insistence, in order to give the Brazilians a fighting chance.

It took just one second for the sprightly and trim 69 year old leader to open the scoring with his trademark overhead bicycle kick – the move he invented himself in 1944 when he was just 3 years old. It was quite simply the greatest goal the world had ever seen, especially as the shot was struck whilst clearing the ball off his own goal-line – the shot travelling over 100 metres and still rising as it went through the back of Brazilians net. The ball is yet to be found and is believed to have left Earth’s Orbit.

The match had to be stopped for a full 2 hours as the players on both teams, and the match officials could not stop applauding, all of them crying tears of respect and admiration.
Before the restart the Dear Leader proclaimed the Centre Line a Demilitarised Zone and promised the stunned Brazilians they would never cross it – and henceforth they didn’t. All the football was played in the Brazilian half with the Latin Americans too busy wiping tears of admiration from their eyes and applauding Kim Jong-Il’s sublime skill to mount much of a defence.

Players from both sides could only stand and admire as goal after goal rained in, each as spectacular as the first. As the half-time whistle blew the score was a world record breaking 49-0, all of the goals scored single-handedly by Kim Jong-Il alone; as if that wasn’t spectacular enough all but the first ten goals were scored with the Dear Leader Blindfolded.

As the half-time whistle blew the exhausted players of both sides left the field crying tears of joy and reverence, all except the bespectacled supreme leader himself who remained in the centre-circle performing one-handed press-ups to the cheers of the adoring crowd, during the 15 minute break the North Korean leader beat his own world record.

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Weren't we all congratulating everyone here just about a month ago concerning NK?

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Wow it's as if nothing has changed in 50 years:

1. They are failures we keep using for an excuse to have a giant military and let our right wing goofballs make threats against from their couches for being godless commies

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,670 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Wow it's as if nothing has changed in 50 years:

1. They are failures we keep using for an excuse to have a giant military and let our right wing goofballs make threats against from their couches for being godless commies

They could be followers of Harold Camping, but doesn't change the fact they're backwards ass morons set in the 40s and using threats that could impact the region. Our rocket failed...ok...we test nuke then.

I would love nothing more than the world to get back on their feet and take some responsibility for the relative calm we have on this earth. We haven't had world war scale battles since. We, Americans, basically are subsidizing the entire world's stability and get no respect for that. Let's just let China, India, Pakistan, Euros, and Russians step up and do some damned work for once. Who's with me.

But weren't we praising our advances in NK just recently? I'm talking months maybe.

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Someone said something about an agreement.

This would be the same as something someone said about an agreement from just about every. other. administration. in 50 years.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,126 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

whenever i hear about north korea all i can think of is the kingdom of elbonia in dilbert comics.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,126 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

There was an agreement that we'd give them food aid if they stopped their actions. They launched the rocket, it failed, the US has now said the food aid deal is off and they won't be getting anything from us. North Korea V. USA in a nutshell for as long as I can remember.

#14 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

This rocket falling into the sea was a good thing. The young ruler is 29. That is an impressionable age. He probably grew up surrounded by his father's rhetoric about how advanced N Korea was, and how they had the best military in the world...blah blah.

This incident has the potential for him to realize that his father's goals were unrealistic, and that maybe he should come up with a new perspective.

I doubt it, but there is a chance.

#15 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

This rocket falling into the sea was a good thing. The young ruler is 29. That is an impressionable age. He probably grew up surrounded by his father's rhetoric about how advanced N Korea was, and how they had the best military in the world...blah blah.

This incident has the potential for him to realize that his father's goals were unrealistic, and that maybe he should come up with a new perspective.

I doubt it, but there is a chance.

I'm pretty sure he studied abroad.

I'm sure he's well aware that NK is a shitty place to live for the average citizen. He's living the high life though, so it doesn't really matter for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com