Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elliot Harrison Ranks Nfl Coaches - Rivera At #24

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera ranked at number twenty-four behind Jason Garrett and in front of Mike Mularky.

24. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers

The Panthers showed flashes last season, and seemed to have nowhere to go but up. Late game failures and miscues were the tell tale signs of a young football team, not necessarily a coach in over his head. That said, Rivera still has much to prove.

The rest of the rankings

Rivera made a handful of questionable rookie coaching decisions but he also fell victim, in these rankings at least, to a defense unable to close out games. If he can turn it around this year and get to the playoffs I'd imagine he'll be closer to top ten this time next season. (John Fox, by the way, is ranked number eight for his adaptability. :huh: )

Posted

Rivera ranked at number twenty-four behind Jason Garrett and in front of Mike Mularky.

The rest of the rankings

Rivera made a handful of questionable rookie coaching decisions but he also fell victim, in these rankings at least, to a defense unable to close out games. If he can turn it around this year and get to the playoffs I'd imagine he'll be closer to top ten this time next season. (John Fox, by the way, is ranked number eight for his adaptability. :huh: )

Maybe for his one season at Denver, but he never showed much adaptability in Carolina

Posted

That's about right. Factor in the lockout and a young team, I'd say he did well in his first run at things as an HC.

Posted

Whisenhut, Shannahan, and Andy Reid are over-rated in my opinion.

Schwartz and Caroll are ranked to low.

Posted

The Eagles are always pretty good, Reid is a good coach. Not the best but he's been winning there for a while.

Posted

Foxy adapted well to having a hall of fame quarterback land in his lap. Good for him, best coach in the league.

Posted

At least Riviera was able to beat one coach that isn't new this year, Frazier! So basically 2nd to last of returning coaches.

Posted

I'd say that sounds about right. The halftime gaffe against the Saints still really pisses me off, but he'll continue to grow and get better.

Posted

i think the rankings were spot on overall.

At least Riviera was able to beat one coach that isn't new this year, Frazier! So basically 2nd to last of returning coaches.

joe vitt is ranked 32 and payton didn't make the list.

Posted

Sean Payton lost a playoff game to a rookie HC. Go away.

Posted

This year he can look forward to beating your new coach and whoever your interim, interim new coach is.

Posted

i think the rankings were spot on overall.

joe vitt is ranked 32 and payton didn't make the list.

You mean of the list of 32 2012 coaches, of which Payton is not even one, he didn't make the list! What outrage!

Payton was #1 in 2009, #2 in 2010, and tied for #1 in 2011. If Payton was in the list, Riviera would be 25 instead of 24, so be happy,