#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,642 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Rivera ranked at number twenty-four behind Jason Garrett and in front of Mike Mularky.

24. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers

The Panthers showed flashes last season, and seemed to have nowhere to go but up. Late game failures and miscues were the tell tale signs of a young football team, not necessarily a coach in over his head. That said, Rivera still has much to prove.

The rest of the rankings

Rivera made a handful of questionable rookie coaching decisions but he also fell victim, in these rankings at least, to a defense unable to close out games. If he can turn it around this year and get to the playoffs I'd imagine he'll be closer to top ten this time next season. (John Fox, by the way, is ranked number eight for his adaptability. :huh: )

#2 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Rivera ranked at number twenty-four behind Jason Garrett and in front of Mike Mularky.

The rest of the rankings

Rivera made a handful of questionable rookie coaching decisions but he also fell victim, in these rankings at least, to a defense unable to close out games. If he can turn it around this year and get to the playoffs I'd imagine he'll be closer to top ten this time next season. (John Fox, by the way, is ranked number eight for his adaptability. :huh: )

Maybe for his one season at Denver, but he never showed much adaptability in Carolina

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

That's about right. Factor in the lockout and a young team, I'd say he did well in his first run at things as an HC.

#4 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Whisenhut, Shannahan, and Andy Reid are over-rated in my opinion.

Schwartz and Caroll are ranked to low.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

The Eagles are always pretty good, Reid is a good coach. Not the best but he's been winning there for a while.

#6 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Foxy adapted well to having a hall of fame quarterback land in his lap. Good for him, best coach in the league.

#7 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

At least Riviera was able to beat one coach that isn't new this year, Frazier! So basically 2nd to last of returning coaches.

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'd say that sounds about right. The halftime gaffe against the Saints still really pisses me off, but he'll continue to grow and get better.

#9 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,642 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

i think the rankings were spot on overall.

At least Riviera was able to beat one coach that isn't new this year, Frazier! So basically 2nd to last of returning coaches.

joe vitt is ranked 32 and payton didn't make the list.

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Sean Payton lost a playoff game to a rookie HC. Go away.

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

This year he can look forward to beating your new coach and whoever your interim, interim new coach is.

#12 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

i think the rankings were spot on overall.

joe vitt is ranked 32 and payton didn't make the list.

You mean of the list of 32 2012 coaches, of which Payton is not even one, he didn't make the list! What outrage!

Payton was #1 in 2009, #2 in 2010, and tied for #1 in 2011. If Payton was in the list, Riviera would be 25 instead of 24, so be happy,

#13 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

You mean of the list of 32 2012 coaches, of which Payton is not even one, he didn't make the list! What outrage!

Payton was #1 in 2009, #2 in 2010, and tied for #1 in 2011. If Payton was in the list, Riviera would be 25 instead of 24, so be happy,

And the stupid bastard blew it all for the sake of having a dirty, yet piss poor defense.

Pat, you even look annoying.

#14 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

lol Joe Vitt

#15 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

3:13 on a Friday afternoon, and you're spending your time trolling an opposing teams message board. Big plans tonight?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ron Rivera, Rankings, NFL Coaches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.