Photo
- - - - -

Iceland Forgives It's Populations Mortgage Debt.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#61 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Don't want to be a debt slave, then don't spend more than you have or can afford.

You and venom should move into that cave together and trade trinkets for food. I am sure you two will be very happy together.

Exactly. Intelligent people aren't slaves to debt. Simply having debt does not mean you're a slave to it. Live within your means and you'll be fine.

I personally don't have a problem with currency, just not of the Fiat type. Tangible substance backed currency, not some made up bologna.

So the US taxpayer is not a tangible thing? You want to put a handcuff on economic progress because you feel better with currency backed by a shiny rock?

Whenever I hear someone talking about the gold standard I feel like I'm listening to a child that just found out Santa Claus isn't real. We get it, you're not blowing anyone's mind by explaining fractional reserve banking.

#62 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

what company?

also money is always going to exist, i really dont know what the alternative is, what say you venom? lets say that these aliens dont land and give us free poo, what is the alternative to money?

A hat company. Why do you think his name is the Mad Hatter?

#63 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

A hat company. Why do you think his name is the Mad Hatter?

Mad Hatter is a brand of beer

#64 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Acid.

#65 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

The problem is they're stuck in the old ways of thinking. The older generations will have problems letting go of the shackles being theyve been so dependent on them and psychologically conditioned by them their entire lives. The younger generations coming up are aware of this and are not buying into the establishment crap. The older people who defend their own slavery are in store for a rude awakening when their paradigm shatters around them.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy.

But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters.
The very minds of the people we are trying to save.

But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged.
And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

When your money is worthless, will you feed it to you children when they lie awake at night crying because their stomachs are empty?

1 skill... for your children... make money?

It is nauseating that this "Christian" nation of ours REALLY worships at the alter of MONEY.

That is your (and your childrens) TRUE religion.

If I could teach my children only one skill it would be for them to learn how to be a positive and productive member of their community.

#66 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

For you guys who think that making money makes you a slave....

Ill talk to our HR department. I know we are looking to fill some positions and they would love to get someone at minimum wage. Sorry they would have to pay you something what with those pesky laws.

#67 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Mad Hatter is a brand of beer

I know and I also know where you work, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

#68 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

If you guys hate money so much give it to me so my rich kids can start their 401Ks early.

#69 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,203 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I dont know why the concept of money as slavery seems so earth-shattering to some on here...its common sense. Our lives revolve around, and are dependent on, money - period. Everyday people labor to acquire as much of these inherently worthless fancy colored pieces of pictured paper as possible. How much we have or dont have determines our social/class status and conditions of life...which only further drives division and a misguided and naive sense of self. Because of this, we are not born into a natural position to thrive as a whole, as the shackles come factory right out the gate as they have been designed to do.

#70 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

venom, can you please tell me how you afford internet without money? I'm quite tired of paying for internet.

#71 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,203 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

venom, can you please tell me how you afford internet without money? I'm quite tired of paying for internet.

I dont.

Is there a point you were trying to make?

#72 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I dont know why the concept of money as slavery seems so earth-shattering to some on here...its common sense. Our lives revolve around, and are dependent on, money - period. Everyday people labor to acquire as much of these inherently worthless fancy colored pieces of pictured paper as possible. How much we have or dont have determines our social/class status and conditions of life...which only further drives division and a misguided and naive sense of self. Because of this, we are not born into a natural position to thrive as a whole, as the shackles come factory right out the gate as they have been designed to do.

are you a communist? this kind of sounds like some karl marx stuff.

edit: this is not an insult, just curious

#73 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

<snip>

#74 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

What is so freakin' hard to understand about living within your means (applicable to both individuals AND governments) and the concept of labor embodied?

All this crazy talk makes me almost as sad as Col. Strayer from Band of Brothers being reduced to playing Scott the Scot telling me to feed my frickin' lawn.

#75 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I dont necessarily think that money is a bad thing, just the US dollar, and most other currencies around the world.

We humans will always need to trade, and money makes things easier so that we dont have to drag a cow or a sack of corn into town with us.

The problem with the dollar is that it isnt worth anything. It isnt redeemable to be traded for any commodities at the bank, and it doesnt have a set value. It's worth can be changed at any time, whenever the people in control decide that they want to change it.

When a unit of currency's worth is decided by the bank that creates it, instead of a set, unchanging value like the gold standard, then those who control the banks end up controlling everything that has to do with money... which is pretty much everything.

What does that even mean? Gold has no value either. The only value something has is what others will give you for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.