#1 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Something i threw together tonight. Hope you enjoy! Let's get him that ring!

#2 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Is it wrong that I want Steve Smith to get a ring more than this team? I know it's wrong.

I'm glad that with the contract extension one isn't possible without the other, but that's how I feel.

inb4hate and "not a real fan"

#3 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

i really wish he would make a twitter so i could tell him how much i appreciate what he's done for our franchise

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

He's an overpaid problem child, we should teh tradez hims for teh 3rds, onlys teh matters of timez tills hises next tantrum. derp nerp

#5 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,628 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Posted Image

#6 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,733 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Is it wrong that I want Steve Smith to get a ring more than this team? I know it's wrong.

I'm glad that with the contract extension one isn't possible without the other, but that's how I feel.

inb4hate and "not a real fan"

It isn't wrong, it just suggests you are more a fan of the player than you are of the team. We have lots of Cam fans first and Panther fans second as well, so you aren't alone.
There are a big group of us who want a Superbowl for the Panthers and it does't matter who gets it for them. I have been a Panther fan before Smith and will be one after he is gone. But I admit that I surely hope we can get one while he is still here. The difference between us is that you might be okay with him being traded to another team who was more of a contender where I would be fine if he didn't play a down this season if that was the price of us getting a Superbowl. I doubt we would win one without him but the team is always more important than a player no matter who they are.

So if Smith were traded would you change allegiances to the new team or stay a Panther fan and root against him at least when we played his new team?? I suspect you would do the first and I would do the second.

#7 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

It isn't wrong, it just suggests you are more a fan of the player than you are of the team. We have lots of Cam fans first and Panther fans second as well, so you aren't alone.
There are a big group of us who want a Superbowl for the Panthers and it does't matter who gets it for them. I have been a Panther fan before Smith and will be one after he is gone. But I admit that I surely hope we can get one while he is still here. The difference between us is that you might be okay with him being traded to another team who was more of a contender where I would be fine if he didn't play a down this season if that was the price of us getting a Superbowl. I doubt we would win one without him but the team is always more important than a player no matter who they are.

So if Smith were traded would you change allegiances to the new team or stay a Panther fan and root against him at least when we played his new team?? I suspect you would do the first and I would do the second.

I didn't wanna imply that I would switch teams if Steve Smith were to leave us. I don't wanna come off as some Cam Bandwagon-like fan who is only a fan of this team because of one player. I've been a fan of this team since I was a kid, even though I'm from Texas, and even though none of my friends understood why I couldn't just become a Cowboys fan after the Oilers skipped town (I'm sure you guys understand though). I am always sticking with this team. Yes, I very very much would like Beason, Kalil, Cam, Rivera, Davis, Deangelo, Anderson, and Stewart to win a championship, but I'm not going to pretend like they've put in as much work into this team as Steve Smith has over the years or that they're more deserving of a ring than Smith. There is hardly anyone more deserving of a ring than Steve Smith. When I think of Steve Smith, I think Panthers. Please don't bunch me up with folks like Auburn fans who only follow this teams W-L record because of Cam and have the audacity to call themselves fans of this team. I know it's hard to understand where I'm coming from when I say that I want Steve Smith to win a ring more than this team, but I'm not a bandwagoner and I'm not switching teams for any player.

#8 YourManInAmsterdam

YourManInAmsterdam

Might Be Drunk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

What was the music used in the second part of that vid, please?

#9 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Cant think of anybody more deserving of a ring than him in the nfl. He wouldve bolted if Cam wasnt drafted imo. Cant blame him with the qbs we had. I think we can win the superbowl next yr. Believe it!

#10 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

What was the music used in the second part of that vid, please?

Hymn - Brian Tyler from Battle L.A. Movie Soundtrack

#11 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I love you Smitty.
All homo

#12 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

How old is his son Steve Smith jr? I hope to be cheering for his as a Panther in 15 yrs

#13 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Steve Smith had a ring, John Kasay gave it to New England.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,733 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I didn't wanna imply that I would switch teams if Steve Smith were to leave us. I don't wanna come off as some Cam Bandwagon-like fan who is only a fan of this team because of one player. I've been a fan of this team since I was a kid, even though I'm from Texas, and even though none of my friends understood why I couldn't just become a Cowboys fan after the Oilers skipped town (I'm sure you guys understand though). I am always sticking with this team. Yes, I very very much would like Beason, Kalil, Cam, Rivera, Davis, Deangelo, Anderson, and Stewart to win a championship, but I'm not going to pretend like they've put in as much work into this team as Steve Smith has over the years or that they're more deserving of a ring than Smith. There is hardly anyone more deserving of a ring than Steve Smith. When I think of Steve Smith, I think Panthers. Please don't bunch me up with folks like Auburn fans who only follow this teams W-L record because of Cam and have the audacity to call themselves fans of this team. I know it's hard to understand where I'm coming from when I say that I want Steve Smith to win a ring more than this team, but I'm not a bandwagoner and I'm not switching teams for any player.

You made it sound in your first post like you were a Smith fan more than a Panther fan. With this clarification I don't see any issue at all. It is normal for you to want your favorite player to win a Superbowl. If we do win one I will always have wished that we had kept Kasay to be here as well. Dispel all the issues from the 2003 season.

#15 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I don't think the one necessarily precludes the other. I too, am a Panthers fan since that first scrimmage way back in the mid '90s. But I also can appreciate the many, many hours of pleasure I have taken from the play of Steve Smith, and the way he goes out and gives it his all each and every Sunday that he suits up. So while I would certainly never wish ill of any other Panther's chances to win a ring, if I had to choose the one guy who has been paying his dues the longest, it would be Smitty. If I had to pick the one player who brings his "A" game most consistently, it would be Smitty. Trust me, I love the whole team, but Smitty would have to be first among equals to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com