• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I feel the same way as Mega just because of the message. It would show that sometimes there is more than just statistics on a sheet of paper listing your attributes. It would show that you can overcome ridiculous odds if you work hard and aquire the knowledge. It would show that there's still a little something right in this country.

nicejob lil89

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I don't think the one necessarily precludes the other. I too, am a Panthers fan since that first scrimmage way back in the mid '90s. But I also can appreciate the many, many hours of pleasure I have taken from the play of Steve Smith, and the way he goes out and gives it his all each and every Sunday that he suits up. So while I would certainly never wish ill of any other Panther's chances to win a ring, if I had to choose the one guy who has been paying his dues the longest, it would be Smitty. If I had to pick the one player who brings his "A" game most consistently, it would be Smitty. Trust me, I love the whole team, but Smitty would have to be first among equals to me.

Look at my response to his response. It appeared in the first post that he was saying he carried more about Smitty getting a ring then the Panthers winning one. He then clarified that and I responded. Smitty has been a big part of the Panthers success over the years. Most folks would love for him to get a ring. Still for me at least, the team is more important than any one player.

#18 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I feel the same way as Mega just because of the message. It would show that sometimes there is more than just statistics on a sheet of paper listing your attributes. It would show that you can overcome ridiculous odds if you work hard and aquire the knowledge. It would show that there's still a little something right in this country.

nicejob lil89

+1. Stats are overatted

#19 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

How old is his son Steve Smith jr? I hope to be cheering for his as a Panther in 15 yrs

His son plays soccer though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.