Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Stephon Gilmore A True Option

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Lol another player with dreads. He's definitely going to be drafted by us

#92 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Most places have him rated as the third best corner, but he's making a late push and will end up being the second ranked CB before the draft hits. He is the most physically gifted CB in this draft.

#93 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I don't get the whole 'he's a bit of a reach' mentality. If we pick at 9 he's not the best player for us, but if we pick at 12, he is? If he's the best player for our team on the board at the time, pick him. Who gives a fug what positiion it is. It's about putting the best team out on the field, not about draft day grades.

#94 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

I don't get the whole 'he's a bit of a reach' mentality. If we pick at 9 he's not the best player for us, but if we pick at 12, he is? If he's the best player for our team on the board at the time, pick him. Who gives a fug what positiion it is. It's about putting the best team out on the field, not about draft day grades.

No. He would not be the best player at #12. He would be the best player at #40. But someone will be dumb enough to take him top 25.

#95 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hell, Gilmore might get chosen by Jags at 7.

#96 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

So we're supposed to just take your word for that, putting aside all the opinions of scouts, coaches, general managers, so on and so on and so on..

Yeah. Don't think I'm gonna do that.

I don't see many places where they say he is the 2nd best CB. But I don't grade players off others opinions anyways so I am not paying too much attention to that anyways. I feel pretty confident from what I have seen that he isn't the 2nd best CB.

I think a lot of people are considering him at 9 because he is a trendy pick. Where was all this talk at the beginning of the offseason, nothing has changed since then.

#97 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Rather have Dre

#98 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

No. He would not be the best player at #12. He would be the best player at #40. But someone will be dumb enough to take him top 25.

:) You say that so matter of factly, like it's a universal truth. Stephon Gilmore is NOT the best player at #12!!!

It's an opinion. Not only is it an opinion, it's an opinion largely based on other people's opinions.

I'm not saying if he is or not. I have not idea. I'm not even saying we should take him. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't base your pick on where you are in the draft position, but rather on who you think will best help your team when your turn comes.