Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

509 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, thank you for showing what it takes in your opinion to NOT be a fan. So, by your own account, you have now voided your Panthers fan card... Great thread. Thanks for playing. And if that's what it takes, I hope Zod locks every Panther thread you make in the future, considering you're not a fan, you're disloyal, you're disrespectful. Us Panther fans won't stand for non-fans spamming our board wah wah wah *sandy vagina*.

I've never seen a grown man act like such a baby, even on the internet.

There wouldn't be so much discussion about it if there wasn't interest in it. And they aren't going to discuss it on NBAtv because it's against league rules for those employed by the league to discuss it until the name is officially relinquished. Fans are not limited by those rules. We can't be fined for that. Local news can't be fined for that. ESPN can't be fined for that. And that's why all these people are discussing it and hyping it - they want change.

You locked the threads because your grip on Bob Johnson memories of non-glory and shame is slipping away with each and every post and every article. He did NOTHING for this city that any other owner wouldn't do. If Mike could've been the first owner I guarantee we'd be lightyears ahead of where we are now. BJ put us in a hole from the get-go. So comparing that situation to the Panthers is asinine. JR listens to fans, makes adjustments, and he doesn't alienate fans. The one time he did alienate us we went to a Superbowl two years later, and the next time we got Cam. What did Bob get us? Nazr Mohammed?

All this fuss and the hilarious thing is, the rebrand petition now has 4,000 signatures. You, PSC, and two other guys are the ONLY ones I've seen speaking out completely against the issue anywhere (that's including here, BP, ROF, and Twitter). You do the math.

Posted · Report post

And you guys with little faith are welcome to them. You're already on Benson and New Orleans nuts. Making us look weak and soft. GO BOBCATS!

Posted · Report post

I for one and neutral on the topic and am in favor for bettering the franchise. I want a sold out arena with a very competitive basketball team..and if that means blowing up the team to avoid the 8 seed in hopes of being a consistent contendor I'm for it..if that means expanding the video coverage to include both states, I'm for it..it that means changing the colors or logos making my old bobcats gear retro..im for it. if that means completely rebranding the team and making all of my bobcats gear obselete I am for it. I am for the betterment of CHARLOTTE PRO BASKETBALL.

BOOM BOOM CLAP!!!!! LETS GO CHARLOTTE!!!

this.

Posted · Report post

The Hornets stabbed you in the back and left town for that shythole in the Bayou. Why would you want them back? You have a team, support it.

Posted · Report post

Zod has spoken

Posted · Report post

I want the Hornets name back but I don't have faith in it ever happening. I really think that it would give a temporary boost to the fan base if they did though. I grew up with my favorite NBA team being the Hornets, and I'd like for it to be that way now. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Posted · Report post

KT, you know this is true. Over the past month the "Hornets rebrand topic" is one of the hottest topics in the Charlotte area.

The Charlotte Hornets get more positive attention than the bobcats. The bobcats are the laughing stock of American sports.

Posted · Report post

I hope we can rebrand to the hornets so people will stop talking about it. If you are only going to pull for our team because of their nickname you have weird priorities in my opinion. I will pull for the Bobcats/Hornets/Cougars no matter what you call them.

Posted · Report post

I hope we can rebrand to the hornets so people will stop talking about it. If you are only going to pull for our team because of their nickname you have weird priorities in my opinion. I will pull for the Bobcats/Hornets/Cougars no matter what you call them.

"weird priorities"

Yeah I hate pulling for teams I grew up rooting for then had ripped out from under me.

Posted · Report post

The Hornets stabbed you in the back and left town for that shythole in the Bayou. Why would you want them back? You have a team, support it.

The Bobcats are in the city in which I live, but they will never be my team. And from the looks of it, they may not be Charlotte's team much longer, either.

Posted · Report post

its all about getting our birth right back from a place it doesnt belong.

Posted · Report post

"weird priorities"

Yeah I hate pulling for teams I grew up rooting for then had ripped out from under me.

Yes, I want to see Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, and Baron Davis lacing it up for the Charlotte Hornets dammit, I dont care if the team moved or if all the players are old and cant play anymore. I grew up rooting for them, I should get to root for them again- anything less is not worth it