#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Cam doesn't have average arm strength, he's well above average. He doesn't throw an average deep ball, he's elite in that area. He is the most elusive QB I have ever seen, and an incredible scrambler.

Cam is closer to average as far as his short and mid-range accuracy is concerned.

I don't care about the lockout as far as Cam's play was concerned in the first half of the season. All any fan would need to do is watch Cam complete deep passes to covered revievers in the GB, AZ, or whichever early season game you prefer, and you can tell it wasn't "lockout" magic that put the ball right on the money. The DBs were in position to make a play, but the throws were perfect and couldn't be defended. That's what is pissing fans off, the idea that those throws don't count because the lockout hurt opposing defenses. The lockout hurt Cam as well. The throws count, and so do the shitty passes and INTs he threw in the first half of the season.

The cause of Cam's decline in stats was due to opposing defenses focusing on taking away the deep ball, and giving Cam mid-range targets that he struggled to hit on a consistant basis. The plan worked to a certain extent, and now the ball is in our court as to how to counter the new defensive strategy.

Actually the stats don't support that he dropped off that much in any department. His yards per attempt went down from a ridiculous 8.6 yards in September to a still well above average of 8.0 in December. In September he had 16 passes of over 20 yards and in December had 12 so not a huge drop off. His passer rating went up 85.1 in September to 100.4 in December. His TD/Ints went from 4-4 to 8-2. So I pointed out September versus December and the first 5 games versus the last 5 in another post and the reality is that Newton improved in a number of stats and was still solid in others if they went down. It is actually incumbent on the league to show they have him figured out not the other way around.

#47 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Actually the stats don't support that he dropped off that much in any department. His yards per attempt went down from a ridiculous 8.6 yards in September to a still well above average of 8.0 in December. In September he had 16 passes of over 20 yards and in December had 12 so not a huge drop off. His passer rating went up 85.1 in September to 100.4 in December. His TD/Ints went from 4-4 to 8-2. So I pointed out September versus December and the first 5 games versus the last 5 in another post and the reality is that Newton improved in a number of stats and was still solid in others if they went down. It is actually incumbent on the league to show they have him figured out not the other way around.

I was working from the assumption that his stats declined in the second half of the season, and my general impression of his play throughout the season. I see you've looked into his stats closely, and it's good news to me to see that there wasn't much of a drop off stats wise.

#48 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I mean sophomore slumps are very common especially in QBs. I'm not worried about it though, but I won't be surprised to see a bit of a sophomore slump

#49 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Look at his first 5 games versus his last 5. In the first five his passer rating was a combined 84.6. The last 5 games it was 99.2

TD/INT ratio- first five games- 7/6 or 1.16, last five games- 8/3 or 2.66.

These are called quality stats not quantity stats and therefore more meaningful. Amazing what you find when you go beyond the surface and do a little research.....

Like you said , let's look below the surface. Of the last 5 games, two were against the Bucanneers that weren't even trying at that point and those 117 and 147 rating bring up the average. Almost every QB scored over 100 rating against Tampa since week 8. Here is write up from the second game:

Two teams heading in opposite directions at a rapid rate met this week and as you might expect, there was no change in either trajectory. The Buccaneers got off to a poor start, allowing a touchdown for the Panthers on their opening drive, and then losing a fumble on their first offensive play.

The Panthers took advantage of the 10-0 lead early and never looked back, eventually putting up a 38-point lead by the start of the fourth quarter, by which stage the Bucs were simply mailing it in. This game had all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team for Tampa Bay, and Raheem Morris must be coming under ever increasing pressure now that the gloss has worn off his 10-6 season.

Other than the easy Bucs, Cam had a 105 against backup backup QB and no Mario Texans, then he scored:
69.7 vs Atlanta
75.1 against New Orleans

I wonder if you didn't do 1st half vs 2nd half the season on purpose because that also eliminated havong to count in second half of season the 61.7 against Titans, and 50.2 against Detroit!?

Also forgot to point out Freeman didn't even play first matchup with Bucs also. The point is, the overall rating by Cam was 84.5. The only time he scored over a 75 rating in second half of season was the two games against Bucs, against Colts, and Texans without Mario and first and second QB

#50 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,174 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Like you said , let's look below the surface. Of the last 5 games, two were against the Bucanneers that weren't even trying at that point and those 117 and 147 rating bring up the average. Almost every QB scored over 100 rating against Tampa since week 8. Here is write up from the second game:

Two teams heading in opposite directions at a rapid rate met this week and as you might expect, there was no change in either trajectory. The Buccaneers got off to a poor start, allowing a touchdown for the Panthers on their opening drive, and then losing a fumble on their first offensive play.

The Panthers took advantage of the 10-0 lead early and never looked back, eventually putting up a 38-point lead by the start of the fourth quarter, by which stage the Bucs were simply mailing it in. This game had all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team for Tampa Bay, and Raheem Morris must be coming under ever increasing pressure now that the gloss has worn off his 10-6 season.

Other than the easy Bucs, Cam had a 105 against backup backup QB and no Mario Texans, then he scored:
69.7 vs Atlanta
75.1 against New Orleans

I wonder if you didn't do 1st half vs 2nd half the season on purpose because that also eliminated havong to count in second half of season the 61.7 against Titans, and 50.2 against Detroit!?

Also forgot to point out Freeman didn't even play first matchup with Bucs also. The point is, the overall rating by Cam was 84.5. The only time he scored over a 75 rating in second half of season was the two games against Bucs, against Colts, and Texans without Mario and first and second QB

Way to completely avoid my points. Probably because everytime you consider them your sphincter closes shut and poo starts shooting out your nose.

#51 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

It's clear that Alejandra, like most other Saint fans, do not watch football outside of New Orleans games. His expertise in breaking down Cam's play at this point is looking up QB rating on ESPN.com and citing some dude named Duane. I can't wait for him to link a bleacher report article next. That is an improvement though from his initial trolling, which was trying the tactic of using W/L record for The Golden Calf of Bristol and Dalton to insinuate that they are better QBs.

#52 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

69.7 vs Atlanta
75.1 against New Orleans

That is the problem with looking at a game or two or cherry picking stats. You need a large enough sample to draw a conclusion. That is why 5 games at the beginning and 5 games at the end are better than looking at two games against Tampa or one game here and there. You can look at any quarterback and cherry pick stats.

Lets compare Brees's two games against Tampa versus Newton's. If everyone had well above 100 rating then why did Drew have a 70.9 in their first meeting week 5??? then the second go around it was 101.4. So since Newton's were 106.1 and 142.4 against the same team, then Newton was a much better quarterback than Brees. Right????? In fact Tampa's opposing quarterback rating was 97.1. Newton's was 20 points above it while Brees was 12 points below it.

Cherrypicking stats is fun!!!!!!!

Do you do any homework or research before you post your crap. Even a 5th grade would have been smart enough to check their own quarterbacks numbers before saying Tampa sucked and every one did well when their own quarterback didn't. And what about Bree's 73 against St Louis and his 82 against Jacksonville. 2 of the suckiest teams in the league??????????

Please don't waste my time with this kind of back and forth, the illustration is simply to show that your kind of analysis is what I would expect on Saint's report where no one is smarter than a fifth grader. Stop coming to a gun fight with a water pistol.

#53 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

If everyone had well above 100 rating then why did Drew have a 70.9 in their first meeting week 5??? .

I see English is not you're strong point.

#54 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

That is the problem with looking at a game or two or cherry picking stats. You need a large enough sample to draw a conclusion. That is why 5 games at the beginning and 5 games at the end are better than looking at two games against Tampa or one game here and there. You can look at any quarterback and cherry pick stats.

You are using first 5 games vs last 5 games
I was using first 8 game (first half of season) vs last 8 games (2nd half)

Your response is talking about sample size when mine is 75% larger than yours!? Don't know what is more pathetic, your responses to imaginary or unread phrases, or the 3 guys that gave you pie for answering points never made!? LMFAO

#55 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,560 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I see English is not you're strong point.

your........dipshit. Epic fail, assnugget.

#56 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Why does this 'aints fan get to post here again?

#57 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

No idea why you all are attempting to engage this turd in meaningful conversation. Eat a bullet jabba.

#58 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Your response is talking about sample size when mine is 75% larger than yours!? Don't know what is more pathetic, your responses to imaginary or unread phrases, or the 3 guys that gave you pie for answering points never made!? LMFAO

Go back & read your opening statement in the post he was replying to.

If you do this
& you comprehend what you read
You will understand why people think you're stupid.

#59 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

No what you did was cherry pick some stats and some information without discussing the points I made. Discuss the criteria I used for the first half versus the second half. What you will find is that even when you compare the second half with the first half on quality stats, they are very similar if not better for the second half. Which still negates your premise. Why do you keep posting without doing the work. You just confirm your troll status and general lack of logical process.

#60 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Go back & read your opening statement in the post he was replying to.

If you do this
& you comprehend what you read
You will understand why people think you're stupid.

I was waiting to see what genius scenerio the spin doctors would come up with for such an obvious and epic fail!

So you're best spin is he was responding to another part of the post far away from the actual part of the post with same subject that he was obviously addressing. Good try. I notice neither him nor anyone else attempted to spin his fail and just went straight to insults. I guess they didn't want to look as foolish as you trying to justify an obvious mistake in comprehension.

Entertain me some more, spin the one where I said almost (meaning not all) every QB from second half of season and he refutes that with a single example from week 5. Maybe that time he was referring to a post from yesterday? Give it a whirl spin doctor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.