92 replies to this topic

#61 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

If Cam was a rookie fluke then why put a bonty on him? Duh! You freaking lose moron!

#62 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

If Cam was a rookie fluke then why put a bonty on him? Duh! You freaking lose moron!

I never put a "bonty" on Cam, I wasn't even at the game! Maybe ask Duane and see of he knows something!

#63 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I was waiting to see what genius scenerio the spin doctors would come up with for such an obvious and epic fail!

So you're best spin is he was responding to another part of the post far away from the actual part of the post with same subject that he was obviously addressing. Good try. I notice neither him nor anyone else attempted to spin his fail and just went straight to insults. I guess they didn't want to look as foolish as you trying to justify an obvious mistake in comprehension.

Entertain me some more, spin the one where I said almost (meaning not all) every QB from second half of season and he refutes that with a single example from week 5. Maybe that time he was referring to a post from yesterday? Give it a whirl spin doctor!

Again do the homework. If you are comparing the first 8 weeks to the second eight weeks then do that on passe rating or TD/INT ration or yards per attempt or other quality stats. When you do show me where there was a big dropoff. If you can't then don't post again. No one is responding to your points (if you can call them that) because they are ridiculous and not worth giving any credibility.

I will get you started. In the first 8 games his average passer rating was 88. The last 8 games his passer rating averaged to 87.8. Wow, a huge drop off. Your turn and again no anecdotal info, quality stats comparing the first 8 games to the last 8 games.

Go...........................

#64 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was waiting to see what genius scenerio the spin doctors would come up with for such an obvious and epic fail!

So I guess once again I'll have to explain why you fail.

So you're best spin is he was responding to another part of the post far away from the actual part of the post with same subject that he was obviously addressing. Good try. I notice neither him nor anyone else attempted to spin his fail and just went straight to insults. I guess they didn't want to look as foolish as you trying to justify an obvious mistake in comprehension.

You said...

Like you said , let's look below the surface. Of the last 5 games, two were against the Bucanneers that weren't even trying at that point and those 117 and 147 rating bring up the average. Almost every QB scored over 100 rating against Tampa since week 8. Here is write up from the second game:

He replied...

That is the problem with looking at a game or two or cherry picking stats. You need a large enough sample to draw a conclusion. That is why 5 games at the beginning and 5 games at the end are better than looking at two games against Tampa or one game here and there.

To make a point about you cherry picking stats, which he then reinforced by cherry picking Brees' stats.

He even pointed to your mentioning Tampa.

So in short, you're (correct use of the word btw) an idiot.

#65 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

who is the saints qb right now again?

Could the aints afford kerry collins or testaverde

#66 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Could the aints afford kerry collins or testaverde

Or maybe we could be nice and trade them Clausen

#67 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I love how passer rating keeps on coming up in this conversation. First passer rating is a very flawed stat that doesn't have much relevance anymore.

Secondly, about 1/3 of Cam's game is his running ability, which even if he has a bad season, he won't lose, and will help deter him from any 'sophmore slump'.

You can try and hate on Cam all you want, but he has too much swag to bring him down

#68 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I love how passer rating keeps on coming up in this conversation. First passer rating is a very flawed stat that doesn't have much relevance anymore.

Secondly, about 1/3 of Cam's game is his running ability, which even if he has a bad season, he won't lose, and will help deter him from any 'sophmore slump'.

You can try and hate on Cam all you want, but he has too much swag to bring him down

Passer rater is what we have until someone else comes up with a better stats. Tell me what one number better describes a quarterback play. Even then we used TD/INT ratio and average yards per completion which are also quality stats.

The conversation was about first half versus second half. The running part of it was pretty similar from first half to second so it wasn't worth making a big deal about. He had more TDs running the ball the first half but more yards per play and more TDs passing the ball in the second half as a function of attempts.

#69 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Passer rater is what we have until someone else comes up with a better stats. Tell me what one number better describes a quarterback play. Even then we used TD/INT ratio and average yards per completion which are also quality stats.

The conversation was about first half versus second half. The running part of it was pretty similar from first half to second so it wasn't worth making a big deal about. He had more TDs running the ball the first half but more yards per play and more TDs passing the ball in the second half as a function of attempts.

I would say QBR is a better rating, or will be very soon once they get the kinks worked out. The entire reason they started QBR was because of how innacurate a passer rating could be depending on the circumstances

and my point about running the ball wasn't about 1st/2nd half, but the original post that Cam could have a sophmore slump. Because he can run, even if he doesn't pass as well as last year, he won't have the typical slump because running is such a big part of his game.

#70 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

I would say QBR is a better rating, or will be very soon once they get the kinks worked out. The entire reason they started QBR was because of how innacurate a passer rating could be depending on the circumstances

and my point about running the ball wasn't about 1st/2nd half, but the original post that Cam could have a sophmore slump. Because he can run, even if he doesn't pass as well as last year, he won't have the typical slump because running is such a big part of his game.

I have looked at QBR and as you say it needs to get universally accepted to gain credibility. As for running though, if that is all he could do, then teams could figure him out and limit him just like they did Vick when he was primarily a runner. The fact that Newton can throw so well and run as he does, is why he won't have a sophomore slump. It isn't one or the other but the combination that makes him so unique.

#71 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I have looked at QBR and as you say it needs to get universally accepted to gain credibility. As for running though, if that is all he could do, then teams could figure him out and limit him just like they did Vick when he was primarily a runner. The fact that Newton can throw so well and run as he does, is why he won't have a sophomore slump. It isn't one or the other but the combination that makes him so unique.

exactly. I was trying to say this, but maybe it got twisted around. basically, if they try to stop him from passing, he can run, but if they try and stop him from running, he can pass. either/or=Panthers win

#72 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

exactly. I was trying to say this, but maybe it got twisted around. basically, if they try to stop him from passing, he can run, but if they try and stop him from running, he can pass. either/or=Panthers win

agreed

#73 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Article basically makes the same point I did, almost no wins, all wins against inferior opponents, best numbers at begining of season when defenses where weak from no offseason.

Who is this forward thinking and thoroughly accurate poster!? Looks like he nailed it!!

#74 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

So I guess once again I'll have to explain why you fail.

You said...

He replied...

To make a point about you cherry picking stats, which he then reinforced by cherry picking Brees' stats.

He even pointed to your mentioning Tampa.

So in short, you're (correct use of the word btw) an idiot.

Got to love message boards, you can call someone an idiot for saying something about future, and then pull it back up when the future makes them the idiot! Lol

#75 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

your........dipshit. Epic fail, assnugget.

What happened? I thought the idea of a Sophmore slump was "epic fail"? OOPS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.