Photo
- - - - -

Is The Economy Doing Good Or Bad? You Tell Me.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

I agree on oil specs. I'm surprised there isn't better margin requirements. The leverage is out of wack on oil trading.

#17 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

The cost of living - food, housing, and energy - is still far outpacing income growth so, in a word, no.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

IF you have a job, things are pretty good. Inflation is not bad, well except for gas anyway. Housing cost have dropped, and mortgage rates are at rock bottom. If you don't have a job, then its not to good.

My own personal economy is better than its ever been.

#19 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Based on statistics, if you're under 30, you're probably languishing. If you're 30-55, you're doing okay, and if you're over 55, chances are you're doing well for yourself.

Not surprised to see a broad variety of answers.

#20 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

my original joke aside...the labor intensive jobs that aren't supported by new tech are doing ok...but its that big in between that people aren't realizing how to transition into and are at just as big of fault as the system itself. Our lazy lifestyles are clouding us how to transition with evolving technologies. Same deal with how we don't understand how to adapt with land use, the concept of sustainability, and personal property compared to the rest of the globe.

I honestly think it stems to secondary education. I'm in no way siding with Newt but we should try to create elite...world class apprenticeship positions to be groomed into as a college alternative whereas colelge becomes the place to establish a career towards an attorney, engineer, architect, etc. Germany is on a very good path within the next 20 years imho because of seemingly irrelevant things like this relative to the greater whole.

I say its ok if you're already above 40,000 on your own...70,000 w/ a family as a base (not goal)

I mean my fam paid f'n over 100k in taxes last year...that's insane regardless of the situation. The structure and middle class attitudes need to change and I'm really not trying to come across as a biased indulgent as$

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Based on statistics, if you're under 30, you're probably languishing. If you're 30-55, you're doing okay, and if you're over 55, chances are you're doing well for yourself.

Just about everyone languishes when they are under 30, regardless of the economic times they live in.

#22 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

I turn 30 in October, so I'm looking forward to this.