Photo
- - - - -

Carolina Ranked 10 In Toughest Schedule This Season (Espn)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

According to that list (even though they never seem to be accurate at the end of the year), we have the toughest schedule in the division.

We didnt win the division the year before we got the #1 ranking.

Both are great points! I was just going off of what i read in an article on the ESPN mobile site this am.

#17 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

ESPN releases this every pre-season based only off of 2011, but it never factors in the new rosters for 2012. I think factoring that in we should be closer to 15-16.

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Your post is actually innacurate. The Saints have the "toughest schedule" (if you believe in such a thing) because they won the division. It puts them with other division winners in head to head matchups.

Just going off these flawed preseason SoS's, we had the tougher schedule last year and this one. This is partially predicated on the fact that we play them and they play us (them being the "tougher team" between the two of us).

#19 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

I swear Atlanta ALWAYS gets the easiest opponents.

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm convinced that Robert Kraft is blowing Roger. His teams always get the "favorable" calls, every game I watch The Pats are obviously favored by the refs. Had it not been for Welkers drop... The Pats would have won that game too.

Bottom line is I think that there is something behind the scenes going on with the Pats' organization, and the NFL; any other fan of any other team (except for Pats fans) always agree with me.

holy asinine opinion batman!

the league doesn't just randomly decide what team gets to play what team. there's a rotating schedule of AFC/NFC matchups and similar interconference structure. there is no room for anyone to monkey with the system. any trends that seem to allow one team to consistently play weaker opponents is simply a combination of either playing in a weak division or the fortuitous timing of teams rising and falling.

#21 wade

wade

cop a squat, cupcakes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm convinced that Robert Kraft is blowing Roger. His teams always get the "favorable" calls, every game I watch The Pats are obviously favored by the refs. Had it not been for Welkers drop... The Pats would have won that game too.

Bottom line is I think that there is something behind the scenes going on with the Pats' organization, and the NFL; any other fan of any other team (except for Pats fans) always agree with me.

Do you even understand how NFL scheduling works? Like, at all? Check where the other teams from the AFC East are in the list, then think about it. Jesus.

#22 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

#23 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

How in the hell did the Patriots end up with the weakest schedule? .453 opposing winning %

Because they get to play the AFC South (last year's worst conference) and the NFC West based upon yearly rotation, plus none of the teams in their division had a winning record.

I'm convinced that Robert Kraft is blowing Roger. His teams always get the "favorable" calls, every game I watch The Pats are obviously favored by the refs. Had it not been for Welkers drop... The Pats would have won that game too. Bottom line is I think that there is something behind the scenes going on with the Pats' organization, and the NFL; any other fan of any other team (except for Pats fans) always agree with me.

You can point to the other things if you want to, but them having the weakest schedule has ZERO to do with "behind the scenes stuff". 14 out of the 16 games were set in stone years ago.

#24 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

LOL....I don't know what other team fans you are talking to but it must be on a NFL Conspiracy forum.

Here is the opponent schedule for every team through 2017 except for the Patriots because....well, the fix is on and it would be much harder to pull off if they published their schedule so far out.

http://www.johnnyroa...future_nfcs.htm

#25 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

holy asinine opinion batman!

the league doesn't just randomly decide what team gets to play what team. there's a rotating schedule of AFC/NFC matchups and similar interconference structure. there is no room for anyone to monkey with the system. any trends that seem to allow one team to consistently play weaker opponents is simply a combination of either playing in a weak division or the fortuitous timing of teams rising and falling.

How in the hell did you extrapolate anything you just said from what I posted??? I didn't post anything about their schedule. I did point to the fact that there is blatant favortism shown to them throughout the season.

There are so many examples of this that I wouldnt waste my time even entertaining a request for examples. Any causual football fan knows that they are shown favoritism, and thats what I was getting at. How you could insult my intelligence by asking if i knew how the schedules are made was ridiculous!

just for shits and giggles: Two rules have been made specifically for the Pats in the past years: The "Brady" rule, and the "tuck" rule. Not to mention any defense who ever plays them complains about roughing calls that are rarely roughing.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,412 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

We have one of the hardest every year

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Just for shits and giggles: Two rules have been made specifically for the Pats in the past years: The "Brady" rule, and the "tuck" rule. Not to mention any defense who ever plays them complains about roughing calls that are rarely roughing.

Tuck rule was adopted in 1999, long before the snow game. As far as the diving at the quarterback's knee rule, yes Brady's ACL tear was the straw that broke the camel's back for the rule change, but it was hardly the only time that this happened (i.e. Carson Palmer in 2006) and didn't benefit the Patriots in any way.

#28 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

It's usually the last half of the season that I normally care about.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

A reason why teams may or may not have a tough S.O.S. is due to what division they are in as well as how many teams they face with a better record. Also if the team had a bad record, of course the next season their S.O.S. may look tougher because it's assuming they will have a hard time beating anyone. And it's the vis versa for teams that had a good record. It's assumed they will win games more easily.

#30 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

How in the hell did the Patriots end up with the weakest schedule? .453 opposing winning %

The bulk of a schedule is pre determined years in advance. Also, preseason SOS doesnt mean anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.