Photo
- - - - -

Carolina Ranked 10 In Toughest Schedule This Season (Espn)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

holy asinine opinion batman!

the league doesn't just randomly decide what team gets to play what team. there's a rotating schedule of AFC/NFC matchups and similar interconference structure. there is no room for anyone to monkey with the system. any trends that seem to allow one team to consistently play weaker opponents is simply a combination of either playing in a weak division or the fortuitous timing of teams rising and falling.

How in the hell did you extrapolate anything you just said from what I posted??? I didn't post anything about their schedule. I did point to the fact that there is blatant favortism shown to them throughout the season.

There are so many examples of this that I wouldnt waste my time even entertaining a request for examples. Any causual football fan knows that they are shown favoritism, and thats what I was getting at. How you could insult my intelligence by asking if i knew how the schedules are made was ridiculous!

just for shits and giggles: Two rules have been made specifically for the Pats in the past years: The "Brady" rule, and the "tuck" rule. Not to mention any defense who ever plays them complains about roughing calls that are rarely roughing.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

We have one of the hardest every year

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Just for shits and giggles: Two rules have been made specifically for the Pats in the past years: The "Brady" rule, and the "tuck" rule. Not to mention any defense who ever plays them complains about roughing calls that are rarely roughing.

Tuck rule was adopted in 1999, long before the snow game. As far as the diving at the quarterback's knee rule, yes Brady's ACL tear was the straw that broke the camel's back for the rule change, but it was hardly the only time that this happened (i.e. Carson Palmer in 2006) and didn't benefit the Patriots in any way.

#28 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

It's usually the last half of the season that I normally care about.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

A reason why teams may or may not have a tough S.O.S. is due to what division they are in as well as how many teams they face with a better record. Also if the team had a bad record, of course the next season their S.O.S. may look tougher because it's assuming they will have a hard time beating anyone. And it's the vis versa for teams that had a good record. It's assumed they will win games more easily.

#30 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

How in the hell did the Patriots end up with the weakest schedule? .453 opposing winning %

The bulk of a schedule is pre determined years in advance. Also, preseason SOS doesnt mean anything.

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

How in the hell did you extrapolate anything you just said from what I posted??? I didn't post anything about their schedule. I did point to the fact that there is blatant favortism shown to them throughout the season.

There are so many examples of this that I wouldnt waste my time even entertaining a request for examples. Any causual football fan knows that they are shown favoritism, and thats what I was getting at. How you could insult my intelligence by asking if i knew how the schedules are made was ridiculous!

well it was mainly because this was said:

How in the hell did the Patriots end up with the weakest schedule? .453 opposing winning %

to which you immediately replied this:

I'm convinced that Robert Kraft is blowing Roger... ...bottom line is I think that there is something behind the scenes going on with the Pats' organization, and the NFL; any other fan of any other team (except for Pats fans) always agree with me.

you might know the mechanics of schedule formation but your assertion in a thread about the schedule that the patriots somehow get unfair advantages is a clue that maybe you don't quite get it as well as you think you do (especially when you made a point of adamantly agreeing with a guy who took this exact position.)

you need to frame your arguments better if you're going to get all offended when people cite them how they see them. half a dozen people busted you on the same thing so maybe you should analyze your own posts to see if they're coming out how you want them to instead of railing the multitudes who disagree with them.

#32 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

The biggest factor in your strength of schedule is your own record. More specifically your division record. When you go 0-6 in the division you've just made your 6 division games "tougher". When you go 6-0 those divisional opponents record goes down. If you actually look at the number your own record can wildly swing your rank within the league.