• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

If my 6 year old was cuffed then I would be also. I'd beat the badge off that cock sucker.

If a kid acts in a manner that warrants cuffing then they should be cuffed.

If a kid acts in a manner that warrants cuffing, the parents probably deserve to be cuffed as well.

#17 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

If a clown wearing a costume and a shiny button can't control a 6 year old then they have no business being in the field.

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,443 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I can understand your sentiment CatofWar, and I want to protect my kids too, but I also know that they are not always in the right.

Some people automatically assume that their kids can do no wrong... obviously I wouldn't want my kids mistreated, but if they act like fools, then somebody needs to deal with it.

Having said that, my kids know that if they get so much as called to the principals office for misbehaving, I'm going to beat their asses myself, which is why my kids behave... obviously some kids have emotional and other problems that aren't always on the parents, but the vast majority of kids misbehaving is due to slack ass parents.

#19 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

If my 6 year old was cuffed then I would be also. I'd beat the badge off that cock sucker.

You're not protecting your kids like that. Matter of fact that just about the worst attitude a parent could have in that situation.

Its like saying "Look Jr. Not only do you not have to respect the Police but violence is a good way to react when you dont like what they are doing."

#20 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

@biscuit- my kids are heathens. But they are mine. No man or woman has the right to lay hands on my child, regardless if they took some oath. If you did it to my kid its called assault. When they do it its "necessary".

@inimiscus- children shouldn't respect authority, they should question it. fug the police.

#21 Inimicus

Inimicus

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

@inimiscus- children shouldn't respect authority, they should question it. fug the police.

So I guess youre proud of them when you tell them to clean their room and they respond with a "fug you pops! Whats so great about making a bed?"

Children dont have the mental capacity to question authority.

#22 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Tell that to mine.

#23 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

We all know 6 year olds know better than to do this kind of stuff. They should all have a clear grasp on how to not injure other people and be considerate of other people's property. We should start giving them multi-year sentences as well.

Seriously, this poo is uncalled for. Handcuffing and taking a 6 year old to the police station? What happened to sitting the kid in a corner and having somebody watch her until the parents got there for a talk? Jesus. The stupidity.

#24 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,443 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

We all know 6 year olds know better than to do this kind of stuff. They should all have a clear grasp on how to not injure other people and be considerate of other people's property. We should start giving them multi-year sentences as well.

Seriously, this poo is uncalled for. Handcuffing and taking a 6 year old to the police station? What happened to sitting the kid in a corner and having somebody watch her until the parents got there for a talk? Jesus. The stupidity.

I think the point is, she WOULDN'T sit in the corner... she was knocking pictures off the wall, knocking over furniture and throwing things... I don't think telling her to sit in the corner would have worked...

Look, I'm not saying that she should have been cuffed and taken off to jail, but at some point, what is the alternative? My wife is trained to restrain a child without hurting them or hurting herself? Would that be acceptable? If the kid is absolutely going nuts, what other choices do the school/police authorities have?

#25 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

The girl injured the principal when she knocked over a shelf, what if it was another child instead who was injured? The kid was out of hand and I hope this was enough to shock her into realizing this is not acceptable behavior. If the school was not able to control my son and if he was a threat to other students as well as himself I would have no problem with an officer handcuffing him. This shows total lack of parenting and the fingers should be pointed at her parents instead of the school or police department.

#26 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Instead of worrying about the town's young children handcuff policies, these parent need to teach their kid how to act. Spoiled brat.

Though I have no problems with the cops using handcuffs, I think there are better solutions. Tranquilizers, for instance

#27 Inimicus

Inimicus

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I think the point is, she WOULDN'T sit in the corner... she was knocking pictures off the wall, knocking over furniture and throwing things... I don't think telling her to sit in the corner would have worked...

Look, I'm not saying that she should have been cuffed and taken off to jail, but at some point, what is the alternative? My wife is trained to restrain a child without hurting them or hurting herself? Would that be acceptable? If the kid is absolutely going nuts, what other choices do the school/police authorities have?

I say give them these and a LOT of Haldol
Posted Image

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

So I guess youre proud of them when you tell them to clean their room and they respond with a "fug you pops! Whats so great about making a bed?"

Children dont have the mental capacity to question authority.

You're mistaking questioning authority with being an asshole. One doesn't mean the other. "fug you pops!" is not questioning authority, and also nobody talks like that.

#29 Inimicus

Inimicus

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

You're mistaking questioning authority with being an asshole. One doesn't mean the other. "fug you pops!" is not questioning authority, and also nobody talks like that.

Not really confusing anything as much as making a point.

Dude said his kids should question authority. I was trying to find out if he meant just a badge or was his authority to be questioned as well.

And for the record I call my father "Pops"

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

you do if you're wearing an onion on your belt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com