Photo
- - - - -

Kindergartener Handcuffed In Ga

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

When I first read this I just glanced at the headline w/o seeing what she had done. If she was going bat poo crazy I really do not see what else the police could have done.If I am the parents my question would be why wasn't I called along with the police (the article does not say when the parents were notified-could have been) I feel like the officer would have tried to talk her down (again article does not say) If my 6 yo is going full destroy mode I would want to know that-there is something going on at home to provoke this kind of behavior or the child is mentally not at full capacity.

#32 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

It absolutely falls on parenting. And if the child is doing such things that are causing destruction and harm, fine, restrain them. But take them to jail and charging them with a crime? A 6 year old? Throwing a tantrum and actually trying to hurt somebody is a fine line to walk. Intent absolutely matters here, and with intent, you have to take into account the age and development of the child. They're most likely acting in such a way that was learned, possibly at home, possibly from other students. Regardless, I don't know that you charge the child with a crime. If a baby knocks something over and that object (say a knife) lands on somebody, do you charge the baby with murder or manslaughter? Or at least attempted murder or manslaughter? No. You don't. I think the same applies here.

#33 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

It absolutely falls on parenting. And if the child is doing such things that are causing destruction and harm, fine, restrain them. But take them to jail and charging them with a crime? A 6 year old? Throwing a tantrum and actually trying to hurt somebody is a fine line to walk. Intent absolutely matters here, and with intent, you have to take into account the age and development of the child. They're most likely acting in such a way that was learned, possibly at home, possibly from other students. Regardless, I don't know that you charge the child with a crime. If a baby knocks something over and that object (say a knife) lands on somebody, do you charge the baby with murder or manslaughter? Or at least attempted murder or manslaughter? No. You don't. I think the same applies here.

I agree on the arrest thing.Could they not have just placed her in the patrol car until parents arrival?

#34 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I agree on the arrest thing.Could they not have just placed her in the patrol car until parents arrival?

Obviously not. Next they'll be claiming she was enormous for a 6 year old.

#35 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't really have a problem with it. My child wouldn't act that way, but if he did, he deserves to be punished.

And if the parents got mad and violent because of it, they should get a jail cell themselves. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

#37 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Costume or not, force is met with force. Policing 101.

#38 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

If a clown wearing a costume and a shiny button can't control a 6 year old then they have no business being in the field.

Maybe it is more like the fact that your kids probably din't belong in public. If you think the behavior that the child exhibited is ok and warrants no discipline then that is a huge problem.

You don't have a right to dump a shitty behaving kid on a teacher and just expect them to accept the behavior. They have dozens of kids to be concerned with.

Din't want to behave, then their bratty asses need to be removed.

Shitty parents equal shitty behaving kids.

Telling your kids that this behavior is ok is NOT doing them favors. It just means you are raising assholes of the future.

#39 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok

#40 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

They say the child was shaken up by being put in a cell at the police station.

Bet she won't do that again. Sounds like she learned something.