Photo
- - - - -

Walters New Mock

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#25 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I want Gilmore in the first. Maybe we can trade down an pick up Gilmore and a 3rd...

We can take the best DT in the 2nd, and find an DE/OLB in the 3rd (with trade) or 4th.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

we can pick up a good punter as an UFA

FTFY

#27 bbell21

bbell21

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

If this Walter dream came true it would make us a top tier D over 2 nights LOL. We would have an entirely different d line from a year ago (Perry, Edwards, Cox, and CJ) get TD and Beason back, and a more developed hogan at the #2 CB, as well as Nakamura starting at saefty to sheshit Martin! YES YES YES!

#28 chubs2496

chubs2496

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

If this Walter dream came true it would make us a top tier D over 2 nights LOL. We would have an entirely different d line from a year ago (Perry, Edwards, Cox, and CJ) get TD and Beason back, and a more developed hogan at the #2 CB, as well as Nakamura starting at saefty to sheshit Martin! YES YES YES!

I don't think perry would start over hardy. Just my opinion tho

#29 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

I don't think perry would start over hardy. Just my opinion tho

i think Perry, Coples, and Curry would start over Hardy.

there is a reason they are all projected to go in the first two rounds and hardy was a late round selection.

#30 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Bryan Anger will go in the 5th round. I would not be surprised if we pull the trigger. I hope the huddle isn't too disappointed about drafting our Punter of the next 10-15 years with a 5th round pick.

I absolutely agree.

I look at it like this. If we got a player in the 5th, what are his chances of starting immediately? Playing 3 years down the road? 5? 10? I think for Bryan Anger, he comes in, starts immediately, and will be our punter for years. What other player could we get in the 5th that's going to start immediately, and play ten years down the road?

#31 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

there is a reason they are all projected to go in the first two rounds and hardy was a late round selection.

Hardy was originally a projected 1st round pick, but then he had his car wreck and went back for his senior season. If his senior season would've been as good as his junior year, he could've been a top 20 pick.

The problem with Hardy is that he's had a perfect storm of poo to keep him from playing well. He was still recovering and getting use to the NFL his first year, his second year he had the lockout, a motorcycle wreck that kept him out of training camp, and then he wasn't properly conditioned.

#32 bbell21

bbell21

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hardy was originally a projected 1st round pick, but then he had his car wreck and went back for his senior season. If his senior season would've been as good as his junior year, he could've been a top 20 pick.

The problem with Hardy is that he's had a perfect storm of poo to keep him from playing well. He was still recovering and getting use to the NFL his first year, his second year he had the lockout, a motorcycle wreck that kept him out of training camp, and then he wasn't properly conditioned.

Hardy has had it damn rough! Let's hope things go good for him, and he makes strides this year!

#33 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

I like the draft...even though I would really like a CB.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Only Coples out of your list has a chance to start over Hardy.

#35 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Only Coples out of your list has a chance to start over Hardy.

I think Perry has "a chance" as well.... But in all reality, if we pick up a DE, they are going to be splitting time with Hardy regardless.

#36 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

I think Perry has "a chance" as well.... But in all reality, if we pick up a DE, they are going to be splitting time with Hardy regardless.

Perry while being a good Pass rusher doesn't have the size and strenght to hold up against the run right now. So he and Curry would mostly come in and be a situational Pass rusher. Just like CJ and Hardy had to do before earning their spots.