22 replies to this topic

#1 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Seriously this is crazy.  Your thoughts?
http://i.imgur.com/vBJAX.gif

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thats an awesome piece of art, too bad they had to throw the Ron Paul koolaid in there

but they aren't even trying

http://costofwar.com/en/

#3 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

<snip>

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Future uses...

Amber alerts
Silver alerts
Probation/parole violations (red flags)
Speeding violations

Makes sense. Frees up police to do actual footwork in other areas. As much as I don't like monitoring, it's inevitable (red light cameras for example).

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

and FEMA camps, dont forget the FEMA camps

and the bullets

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Theres no expectation of privacy in public. Technology has just caught up to that concept, that's all. I know that I am being recorded at every Panthers game I go to but it's no big deal, for example.

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Theres no expectation of privacy in public. .

And from a legal perspective, there never has been.

#8 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

<snip>

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

http://action.theeca...action_KEY=5863

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) is currently being debated by the House of Representatives and focuses on the very real issues of cyber threats and the need for greater cyber security. The legislation amends and updates the National Security Act of 1947, which doesn’t contain provisions regarding cyber crime. While this law absolutely needs to be updated, this legislation is the latest example of Congress debating technology issues, while not understanding the full implications of the legislation they’re trying to pass.

CISPA would have technology companies, like video game systems, internet service providers (ISPs) and more share your use of technology with the Government under the guise of cyber security. It’s George Orwell’s classic book 1984 right here, right now.

Here are the problems with the legislation as it stands:

• The description of what can be shared is rather vague. So it could include your browsing history, searches and even what games you play.
  • There aren’t any restrictions on the recipients who can receive and use that information. If this is about cyber-security, it should only be used for that.
  • Private communications will be flowing from the private sector to the NSA. Yes, really.
  • It broadens spying organizations’ powers with little transparency and limited public oversight.
  • There are vague countermeasures included that allow “cyber security systems” to obtain information in order to protect networks.
  • Websites that publish whistleblower documents could be shut down, censoring speech and the web.
This is the government snooping into your use of the internet and technology with the help of corporations without the usual judicial process and the protections we’re guaranteed by the US Constitution. We can’t see any reason the Government needs to know how much Mass Effect you play, the maps you enjoy in Call of Duty or how many people are in your World of Warcraft Guild... Can you?

seems relevant.

this is my issue... security, freedom and common sense are not mutually exclusive but for some reason the approach we are taking disregards that.

how is monitoring everyone's web traffic a better solution to web security than requiring crucial companies/services to update their security protocols?

#10 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have always said that the TSA is a big scam...and I believe they do steal, hell monday traveling out of Charlotte they jacked me for my toothpaste......a holes

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

your toothpaste?

devious.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

So you lost your toothpaste and you are trying to blame it on the government? :)

#13 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

<snip>

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think that the internet should be treated the same way as mail.

So we should have to pay a fee every time we use it, just like the mail? I thought you young whippersnappers were all about free internet and stuff. ;)

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

So we should have to pay a fee every time we use it, just like the mail? I thought you young whippersnappers were all about free internet and stuff. ;)

greeks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com