Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gulf Seafood Showing Deformities Not Before Seen

52 posts in this topic

Posted

no, i need to be working.

ask venom, he'll come up with somethin.

Posted

Well that's helpful.

Posted

Clearly these fish are al-Jazeera plants.

Posted

It's the fishermen Delhommey. Those dirty towel heads planted pro islam fisherman in the area and then blew up that oil platform, convinced BP to use corexit and made sure that the US approved it's usage all so that they could make up a bullshit story about deformed fish. Genius, pure genius.

Posted

Al Jazeera sucks. They are basically the Huffington Post/Fox news of the Arab world.

One of the big problems with the article is that they cite only studies or scientist that support their purpose in the article without counterbalancing it with articles that go against what they are trying to say. Here is a prime example.

"I've seen the brown shrimp catch drop by two-thirds, and so far the white shrimp have been wiped out," Ladner told Al Jazeera. "The shrimp are immune compromised. We are finding shrimp with tumors on their heads, and are seeing this everyday."

One guy says the brown shrimp harvest is down by 2/3rds.

But here is another article on the subject that would indicate otherwise

Seafood processors say last year's brown-shrimp season was good, but the white-shrimp catch was off. Oyster beds not hurt by floods of fresh Mississippi River water released to keep the oil offshore or to relieve record flooding last year have seen strong harvests. Some areas where the harvest was delayed in 2010 because of concerns that oil tainted the shellfish have seen weaker harvests.

The 2011 brown shrimp harvest in Louisiana was the largest since 2007, at approximately 37.7 million pounds, according to a preliminary analysis in the The Times-Picayune in New Orleans in January.

Notice that the times picayune looked at the whole harvest, not just a few people's opinion or personal analysis.

Its not that I don't believe Al Jazeera's article could be correct, or at least have some element of truth in it. But a good research article would look at both sides of an issue, not just one.

Its going to take time to determine the true impact of the gulf oil spill and all the dispersants used. We will have to see studies from a multitude of sources both government and independent.

Posted

I live on the Gulf Coast, and I havent eaten any seafood since the spill.

Posted

Uh, yes I did, please enlighten me as to why they aren't a threat to national security....considering the number of factions within the country as it exists now that are not friendly to us....

You shouldnt be worried about a bunch of poverty stricken arabs. you should be much more worried about the govt shitting on the 5th amendment by using those people as a scapegoat

Posted

This is great! Maybe we will finally have some new varieties of seafood. I doubt it has anything to do with oil. Oil is as natural as trees.

Posted

trees in the ocean, huh

Posted

I doubt it has anything to do with oil. Oil is as natural as trees.

!!!

This is my new favorite post!

You know what else is natural? URANIUM!

Posted

hahahah... as natural as cancer.

Posted

Al Jazeera sucks. They are basically the Huffington Post/Fox news of the Arab world.

One of the big problems with the article is that they cite only studies or scientist that support their purpose in the article without counterbalancing it with articles that go against what they are trying to say. Here is a prime example.

One guy says the brown shrimp harvest is down by 2/3rds.

But here is another article on the subject that would indicate otherwise

Notice that the times picayune looked at the whole harvest, not just a few people's opinion or personal analysis.

Its not that I don't believe Al Jazeera's article could be correct, or at least have some element of truth in it. But a good research article would look at both sides of an issue, not just one.

Its going to take time to determine the true impact of the gulf oil spill and all the dispersants used. We will have to see studies from a multitude of sources both government and independent.

So damn good it is worth repeating.