#31 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

dependence is not the same thing as love.

but that's more of a stretch than billions of gallons of toxins dumped into our fisheries are causing horrific mutations.

What are you getting at?

You don't think that the billions of gallons of Corexit and other toxic poo that we dumped into the gulf is causing ecological problems?

#32 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Uh, yes I did, please enlighten me as to why they aren't a threat to national security....considering the number of factions within the country as it exists now that are not friendly to us....

So wait....you see Iraq as a threat or random factions that reside within Iraq as a threat?

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Terrorist cells have been found in Michigan, can we declare michigan a threat and just reduce it to rubble? That seems like the prudent course of action to me.

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Do you think that we should invade Iran? How about Russia, China, North Korea....hell France? I hear there are large groups of people that don't like the US in all of those places. They have all got to be threats to national security if you ask me.

#35 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

What are you getting at?

You don't think that the billions of gallons of Corexit and other toxic poo that we dumped into the gulf is causing ecological problems?

no, i think that's exactly what happened. I'm just saying that there could be other things at work as well.

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

no, i think that's exactly what happened. I'm just saying that there could be other things at work as well.

Elaborate.

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

no, i need to be working.

ask venom, he'll come up with somethin.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well that's helpful.

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Clearly these fish are al-Jazeera plants.

#40 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

It's the fishermen Delhommey. Those dirty towel heads planted pro islam fisherman in the area and then blew up that oil platform, convinced BP to use corexit and made sure that the US approved it's usage all so that they could make up a bullshit story about deformed fish. Genius, pure genius.

#41 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Al Jazeera sucks. They are basically the Huffington Post/Fox news of the Arab world.

One of the big problems with the article is that they cite only studies or scientist that support their purpose in the article without counterbalancing it with articles that go against what they are trying to say. Here is a prime example.

"I've seen the brown shrimp catch drop by two-thirds, and so far the white shrimp have been wiped out," Ladner told Al Jazeera. "The shrimp are immune compromised. We are finding shrimp with tumors on their heads, and are seeing this everyday."

One guy says the brown shrimp harvest is down by 2/3rds.

But here is another article on the subject that would indicate otherwise

Seafood processors say last year's brown-shrimp season was good, but the white-shrimp catch was off. Oyster beds not hurt by floods of fresh Mississippi River water released to keep the oil offshore or to relieve record flooding last year have seen strong harvests. Some areas where the harvest was delayed in 2010 because of concerns that oil tainted the shellfish have seen weaker harvests.
The 2011 brown shrimp harvest in Louisiana was the largest since 2007, at approximately 37.7 million pounds, according to a preliminary analysis in the The Times-Picayune in New Orleans in January.

Notice that the times picayune looked at the whole harvest, not just a few people's opinion or personal analysis.

Its not that I don't believe Al Jazeera's article could be correct, or at least have some element of truth in it. But a good research article would look at both sides of an issue, not just one.

Its going to take time to determine the true impact of the gulf oil spill and all the dispersants used. We will have to see studies from a multitude of sources both government and independent.

#42 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I live on the Gulf Coast, and I havent eaten any seafood since the spill.

#43 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Uh, yes I did, please enlighten me as to why they aren't a threat to national security....considering the number of factions within the country as it exists now that are not friendly to us....

You shouldnt be worried about a bunch of poverty stricken arabs. you should be much more worried about the govt shitting on the 5th amendment by using those people as a scapegoat

#44 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

This is great! Maybe we will finally have some new varieties of seafood. I doubt it has anything to do with oil. Oil is as natural as trees.

#45 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

trees in the ocean, huh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.