Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfl Network/espn Agree Not To 'tip' Draft Picks

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Richard Deitsch@richarddeitsch

Says the NFL Network: We will not show a draftee on the phone in the Green Room prior to the pick on the first night of the NFL Draft.

And says ESPN: We will not show a draftee on the phone in the Green Room prior to the pick on the first night of the NFL Draft.

Rich Eisen@richeisen

NFLN will not show green room prospects on phone 1st nite of draft. Now, let's work on teams NOT tweeting out their picks b4 announcement

I don't like it. One of my favorite parts is seeing the shots of the players on the phone or in their living room with family members jumping, etc.

Posted

You'll still get to see that, I'm sure, but it was certainly anticlimactic to have Rich Eisen call out the draft pick to viewers ahead of the commissioners announcement. I'm glad their doing this

2 people like this

Posted

Why does this matter? Who really is adamant about hearing their team's pick delivered by the commish?

Posted

Its like learning the gender of the baby through ultra-sound or waiting until its born.

What's the difference? The result is the same.

Me? I prefer all information to be provided as soon as possible.

Posted

Tipping the picks took away a lot of the drama and excitement of the draft, not that there's a lot to begin with. I'm happy about this.

Posted

Richard Deitsch@richarddeitsch

Rich Eisen@richeisen

I don't like it. One of my favorite parts is seeing the shots of the players on the phone or in their living room with family members jumping, etc.

I enjoy that too, but I'm sure they will show it, just after the pick has been announced.

Posted

It'd be more like waiting until the baby is born to know the gender and the doctor yells it right before it pops out.

Posted

It'd be more like waiting until the baby is born to know the gender and the doctor yells it right before it pops out.

Well, that's kind of part of the doctor's job, be it 5 seconds before or 10 seconds after. :lol:

Posted

This is stupid though... I like to see the players on the phone seeing their lifelong dream come to fruition.

Aside from that, how do we, as fans, know who's on the other end of the phone? It has to be announced regardless. What does seeing them on the phone reveal us aside from emotion and confirmation that they're going to be picked?

Posted

I'm cool w/it.

Posted

They'll probably still show it after the pick is announced

Posted

It's not a big deal, but Id rather see it before. oh well.