29 replies to this topic

#1 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Last season was a complete turn around for the offense compared to the previous 2-14 season. The key addition of 1st round draft pic Cameron Newton and offseason acquistions like U of Miami alum Jermery Shockey and Greg Olson took the league by surprise. Steve Smith a talented player loss was now found in new offensive system with competent QB play was able to top the charts statistics of his respective position. That being said the Carolina Panther ended the season 6-10 with 8 out 10 losses comming in heartbreaking fashion. The defense was riddled by injury and the run defense had more holes than a mesh strainer. Now, weeks from the draft with defensive need a must we might have to reach for a defensive player....When the best player available at our position would most likely be an offensive player. we must make a trade.

#2 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Last season was a complete turn around for the offense compared to the previous 2-14 season. The key addition of 1st round draft pic Cameron Newton and offseason acquistions like U of Miami alum Jermery Shockey and Greg Olson took the league by surprise. Steve Smith a talented player loss was now found in new offensive system with competent QB play was able to top the charts statistics of his respective position. That being said the Carolina Panther ended the season 6-10 with 8 out 10 losses comming in heartbreaking fashion. The defense was riddled by injury and the run defense had more holes than a mesh strainer. Now, weeks from the draft with defensive need a must we might have to reach for a defensive player....When the best player available at our position would most likely be an offensive player. we must make a trade.

My money is on Micheal Floyd....less three and outs and the best defense is a good offense...the nfl is changing. Sooner than later we are be watching professional flag footbal....Corners and recievers....

#3 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Posted Image

#4 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,400 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

My money is on Micheal Floyd....less three and outs and the best defense is a good offense...the nfl is changing. Sooner than later we are be watching professional flag footbal....Corners and recievers....

I think you may be right

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,742 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

if someone falls to us, sure. otherwise the offense is loaded with plenty of young talent, and the attention is better spent on the defense and special teams that lost us so many of those games.

#6 Qc_Panthers

Qc_Panthers

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Floyd wouldn’t be a bad choice, the team wants their young star QB to succeed and they are one injury away from having a Gettis-Lafell-Pilares receiving corps.

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Rumored the Vikes may even be interested in Floyd.

#8 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

My question is, if Colby Fleener is available at #40, do we pull the trigger?

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Rumored the Vikes may even be interested in Floyd.

Rumor is the Vikes want to trade down badly

#10 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,941 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

We've got too many defensive holes, I don't know if I'd want a WR at 9. Smith, LaFell, Gettis and Pilares + our TE's, + our RB's + Cam. 1st) We need a solid CB. 2nd) pass rushing DE or pocket collasping DT. 3rd) LB, although I'd hate to pass on Kuechly and 4th) a Punter. Everything else is gravy.

#11 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I would rather draft the best defensive player on the board, whoever it might be.

But, if the best player on the board is a WR like Blackmon or Floyd, I would rather draft them than to reach for a player because of need.

Really good franchises dont reach for need, they take the BPA.

#12 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

We've got too many defensive holes, I don't know if I'd want a WR at 9. Smith, LaFell, Gettis and Pilares + our TE's, + our RB's + Cam. 1st) We need a solid CB. 2nd) pass rushing DE or pocket collasping DT. 3rd) LB, although I'd hate to pass on Kuechly and 4th) a Punter. Everything else is gravy.

Pilares hasn't done diddly poo. Gettis ran the deep vertical well 2 years ago......

We are still too heavily dependent on an aging Steve Smith. One who has been known to have things break on him fairly frequently

I agree on the defensive holes....but I wouldn't be upset with one of the 2 WRs

#13 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,941 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I don't know what Steve Smith you're referring to, but 89 hasn't had anything breaking freaquently. Pilares and Gettis has proven much more than any WR we could draft.

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I don't know what Steve Smith you're referring to, but 89 hasn't had anything breaking freaquently. Pilares and Gettis has proven much more than any WR we could draft.

2004- broken leg
2009- broken arm
2010- broken arm

2 of the breaks didn't result in major lost time due to when they occured.

3 breaks. He also plays like a maniac even in the preseason. Carolina eventually in the near near future is going to need to draft Cam his WR

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Rumor is the Vikes want to trade down badly

i wonder what it would cost us to switch spots and get Mo - not sure if worth i tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.