#31 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

He's a solid backup and a very good ST player. Glad to see him back with us.

#32 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

This article called him awesome.

I called him not good. Last year was proof of him not being good. He was bad against the pass and run. The proof was in the games we watched all year. That was not good LB play. Not hard to grasp that.

I use stats at times to support an argument .....stat sheets never tell you the full story. For example, you are trying to pimp Senn's stats as proof he is good? Problem is we all watched him last year....he was a good ST player and not LB.

Im not trying to pimp anything. All Im saying is that you and a bunch other people like to cherry pick went stats matter and when they dont. Dude is just doing what a bunch of people on here do.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Im not trying to pimp anything. All Im saying is that you and a bunch other people like to cherry pick went stats matter and when they dont. Dude is just doing what a bunch of people on here do.

Sounds like you just want to argue. Senn isn't a good LB. I welcome him back to special teams. Good player there.

#34 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,337 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Senn may not have been the best in pass coverage, but was adequate at stopping the run. No, he isn't necessarily an every-down, Pro Bowl LB, but to call him "terrible" is a stretch. I really don't think that Ron Rivera would have had Senn re-signed if he was "terrible".

With the lack of an every-down threatening pass rusher on the D-line opposite of CJ, a run-stopping, pile pushing, tank of a DT with consistent ability to stop the run, and DBs including weak and strong safeties that were mostly spotty and a little shaky (save for Gamble), our 2nd and 3rd string LBs were in some respects the only reason we were able to hang on in some of those games. Now were they Beast or TD (circa 2009)? Of course not! But, they weren't chopped liver.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Senn may not have been the best in pass coverage, but was adequate at stopping the run. No, he isn't necessarily an every-down, Pro Bowl LB, but to call him "terrible" is a stretch. I really don't think that Ron Rivera would have had Senn re-signed if he was "terrible".

With the lack of an every-down threatening pass rusher on the D-line opposite of CJ, a run-stopping, pile pushing, tank of a DT with consistent ability to stop the run, and DBs including weak and strong safeties that were mostly spotty and a little shaky (save for Gamble), our 2nd and 3rd string LBs were in some respects the only reason we were able to hang on in some of those games. Now were they Beast or TD (circa 2009)? Of course not! But, they weren't chopped liver.

No one called him terrible. I said he wasn't awesome last year....wasn't good. He wasn't good against the run either. We were worst against the run to the outside. DT play gets all the blame....LB was just as sad

#36 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Sounds like you just want to argue. Senn isn't a good LB. I welcome him back to special teams. Good player there.

As I said before I was making an observation nothing more. We will see where he ends up this coming season.

#37 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

The only bad I can speak about the guy is he could get run over by larger offensive players if they got the jump on him cause of his size, and his size also makes him a liability in coverage (VJax is now in the NFCS remember)

#38 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Anyone saying he was awesome just looked at a stat sheet and saw some tackles..... and makes an assumption

Senn wasn't good. Scary people think that was awesome

Pretty scary when people just look at tackles, huh

#39 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Anyone saying he was awesome just looked at a stat sheet and saw some tackles..... and makes an assumption

Senn wasn't good. Scary people think that was awesome

Senn had a number of excellent plays. He made some mistakes, he was no all star, but I think saying "he wasn't good" implies he was below average and in general I think he was one of the few bright spots last year on D - admittedly because he offered hope of improvement over time, but still.

he has the potential to be a great backup. I don't want him starting, but he is a good player to have on the team - and I think he contributed well last year.

#40 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

A "Sennsational" read about our underrated, undersized LB.

Senn really is undervalued and under-appreciated by many. Senn does have that je ne sais quoi about him, and can certainly be an X-factor in the coming season. The guy can never get enough love.

Posted Image

#42 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

DRAFT KEUCHLY!!!!

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, much different when you watch a game and see great instinct to the ball, tackles for little gain, loss of yards, and very strong coverage ability.....only some of that shows on a stat sheet

#44 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,735 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I like Senn and thought he played very well, even again top talent like Jimmy Graham. The trio of Senn, Beason and Anderson could be very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com