Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClarkCam

Gilmore Overlooked By Board

73 posts in this topic

I would love a tall, physical corner.

I don't know what it is, but this kid just screams BUST.

The workouts look great, but I think at the end of the day, Kirkpatrick is just a better football player.

I'd have no problem taking him, as long as we do something about the front 7 in the second.

I think it's fairly safe to say we will either go 1-DB 2-Front Seven or vise versa.

Let's just draft Gilmore, then Lewis in the seventh. Win-Win!

It's your desire to not draft him that is telling you he is a bust.

Not with the 9th pick. I dont like reaching for need. Take the BPA at #9, or trade down.

I think Gilmore has been moving up board because all the other CBs are boneheads. Dre gets caught with weed, Janoris has a laundry list, Minnifield had surgery, and now Alfonzo punches a cop (after getting in a fight in his final college game and looking like poop in the senior bowl practice before leaving early in the week).

He's good and I was once almost sucked in by the hype of him being top 10 material. But I just don't think he's worth it unless Cox and Coples are both gone and no trade is possible. And even then, Floyd or Kluechly might be a better option.

I don't know what it is, but this kid just screams BUST.

The workouts look great, but I think at the end of the day, Kirkpatrick is just a better football player.

But he isn't. Dre has half as many tackles & ints.

Lance Lewis caught so many passes/yards because the garbage DC wanted the CBs to play 5-10 yards off 3/4ths of the time against a spread team that throws the ball 60 times a game.

But he isn't. Dre has half as many tackles & ints.

Lance Lewis caught so many passes/yards because the garbage DC wanted the CBs to play 5-10 yards off 3/4ths of the time against a spread team that throws the ball 60 times a game.

I don't think there's a position in football where stats are more worthless than CB. If a CB is doing his job, he's not going to rack up stats because the QB is going to be avoiding him.

I'm intrigued by Gilmore, but I don't want him at #9. The only CB I would want at #9 would be Claiborne.