Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gilmore Overlooked By Board

73 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess it's not meaningless but it's not something you look to when comparing corners like you did.

And yes I would consider it overrated. And Reevis isn't a good corner because he can make a 360 INT, he is good because he limits the throws to his side of the field.

Posted

Gilmore picked off Taylor Martinez, Justin Worley, Morgan Newton, and Larry Smith.

I could pick off those guys.

Posted

I guess it's not meaningless but it's not something you look to when comparing corners like you did.

And yes I would consider it overrated. And Reevis isn't a good corner because he can make a 360 INT, he is good because he limits the throws to his side of the field.

Ball skills are something you look at when you compare corners, and I don't know who told you otherwise. Covering ability is the most important, but if you poo the bed when the ball is in the air and the WR can catch a jumpball over you every single time, that's not good.

I didn't say that was the reason Revis was good, but it's certainly a part of his game that makes him great, his ability while the ball is in the air.

Posted

Ball skills are something you look at when you compare corners, and I don't know who told you otherwise. Covering ability is the most important, but if you poo the bed when the ball is in the air and the WR can catch a jumpball over you every single time, that's not good.

I didn't say that was the reason Revis was good, but it's certainly a part of his game that makes him great, his ability while the ball is in the air.

I didn't say ball skills aren't something you look to when comparing corners. I said interceptions aren't something you look to, two different things.

You are better off being good in coverage with subpar ball skills than the other way around. Because if you get beat constantly it doesn't matter what kind of ball skills you have.

Posted

lance tore him to pieces, i know him pretty well since i played against him multiple times and used to ball with him. but anyway gilmore isnt that good, just a last week guy that shoots up the boards from workouts and combine and not from the on-field work. I still want dre kirk a million times over gilmore

Posted

ill-pass.jpgrondopass.jpg

Posted

Some of you continue to say "he is a reach", my point was that he would not be a reach. If you want to say he is a reach, you should say why. This guy doesn't have perfect technique, but he continues to improve. Every season he has played, he continues to get more tackles. This guy very well could be BPA at #9. Every corner has shitty tape on himself.... I think this guy has the most potential, and it seems like everyone just likes to say "he is a combine guy", when in fact not many analysts or scouts have come out and said that this was true. Many analysts and scouts are even coming out and saying that he is actually good on tape and the combine.... I think it is pretty ignorant to say that he is only good at the combine, that simply is not true.

Posted

I want Lance Lewis on this team..

Went to his rival high school. Watched his entire high school career. He was absolutely unbelievable. He and Dee Bost (SG for Mississippi St.) were unstoppable. He huge, fast and catches everything. Only reason he didn't go to a bigger school was because of grades.

Posted

but yeah, would not mind Gilmore as a Panther but wouldn't be my first choice at 9.

Posted

Bottom line was Gilmore was not a shut down corner in college. His play on the field was terribly inconsistent. Got beat and gave up big plays a lot.

Hell to the fuggin no you dont take this guy in the top 10.

Im still not convinced Gilmore is better than Hosley and Hayward.

He damn sure aint better than Jenkins.

Posted

In my opinion: If Cox and Coples are gone, Gilmore will be our pick.

Posted

Does anyone in here evaluate film and know what to look for when a CB is playing Zone or Man?

If you can tell the difference, then ask yourself if you can tell which play is being ran and who's got what assignment...

If you can't do both of those consistently, don't say anything about Gilmore getting burned or playing bad.

Heck most on here thought that Kirkpatrick was playing Zone all the time in college when he even admitted in an interview that Bama ran mostly Man and the zone looks they played were bump and run man coverage that floated into zone coverage in some places depending on what routes where ran.