72 replies to this topic

#46 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

If Cox, Coples, and Ingram are all gone, I would be more than happy to take Gilmore.

#47 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wait....are people still really trying to argue that Stephon Gilmore is worth a top 10 pick? Hahaha man I can't wait for the draft to be over.

#48 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Wait....are people still really trying to argue that Stephon Gilmore is worth a top 10 pick? Hahaha man I can't wait for the draft to be over.

I don't know if he will be or not, but, like I said, if Cox, Coples, and Ingram are gone (which there is a slight chance of that happening), I wouldn't mind taking Gilmore at 9.

#49 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

I don't know if he will be or not, but, like I said, if Cox, Coples, and Ingram are gone (which there is a slight chance of that happening), I wouldn't mind taking Gilmore at 9.

That's exactly why I just want this to be over, I'm sick of all of the what ifs because they are infinite.

The reality is that if somehow ALL of our guy's are gone before our pick for some STRANGE reason, we will go Michael Floyd because he is the best player available in the eyes of our front office. Also don't dis-include Kuechly.

#50 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

We can have Cox/Jenkins or Gilmore/Still. If you pick the latter you're an idiot.

#51 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

jenkins may be gone before we pick. suppose still could be, too.

more about cox vs gilmore. can't predict the 2nd round like that. I'd rather have Cox but who knows.

#52 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Cox isn't exactly stellar in game tape either if you watch him. He is pretty raw as well.... So I don't know what you are talking about. Cox does not get double teamed all that often, and he is not exactly a beast against the run. He just uses his athletic ability... Gilmore does very similar things in the corner position. His technique is not spot on, but his potential is there, just like Cox.

#53 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Cox isn't exactly stellar in game tape either if you watch him. He is pretty raw as well.... So I don't know what you are talking about. Cox does not get double teamed all that often, and he is not exactly a beast against the run. He just uses his athletic ability... Gilmore does very similar things in the corner position. His technique is not spot on, but his potential is there, just like Cox.

I really don't think you've watched any film on Fletcher Cox. He has already proven himself to be the best defensive tackle in this draft, and the evidence is in the film. I believe Lout even did a really good evaluation on his tape vs. Brockers. He is not raw, by any means. He dominates his position and plays by instinct, great technique, speed, and power.

Gilmore on the other hand is a VERY raw prospect. The kind of player that has as many good plays as he does bad, being exposed by small school prospects that don't even compare to the receivers in the NFL.

Please tell me this, whats your favorite College football program? Just for fun.

#54 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

whats funny is people are basing guys rising or falling due to the media. FOs dont give out there big boards people.

#55 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

whats funny is people are basing guys rising or falling due to the media. FOs dont give out there big boards people.

This too, this is why it is all irrelevant to discuss him as our first pick. Let's go back to discussing him as our 2nd rounder please...

#56 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I really don't think you've watched any film on Fletcher Cox. He has already proven himself to be the best defensive tackle in this draft, and the evidence is in the film. I believe Lout even did a really good evaluation on his tape vs. Brockers. He is not raw, by any means. He dominates his position and plays by instinct, great technique, speed, and power.

Gilmore on the other hand is a VERY raw prospect. The kind of player that has as many good plays as he does bad, being exposed by small school prospects that don't even compare to the receivers in the NFL.

Please tell me this, whats your favorite College football program? Just for fun.

Penn State. If I wanted to be a homer, I would be telling you to draft Devon Stills.....

He did do an evaluation, and Brockers out did Cox on film....

But that's beside the point. My point is that Cox is not as big of a beast as you are making him out to be. He is a disruptive force against the pass, but on run defense, he is not exactly showing the other team who is boss. He over-pursues a lot of the time. To say that he is a polished prospect is rubbish. To say he is a good prospect, with potential of being great is more like it.

#57 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Read the Brockers vs Cox thread again, he goes through 3 games and says the difference between Brockers and Cox is huge. Cox is a much better prospect then Brockers because he's got a high upside but he's already polished and dominated the LOS a lot in college.

#58 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Posted ImagePete Prisco@PriscoCBS

Cancel
The more I watch Stephon Gilmore the more I see Charles Woodson. He hits. He covered. He tackles.

Retweeted by Steven Drummond<p>

6:34 PM - 22 Apr 12via Twitter for Mac · Embed this Tweet

#59 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Posted ImagePete Prisco@PriscoCBS

Follow
Following

Pending
Cancel
The more I watch Stephon Gilmore the more I see Charles Woodson. He hits. He covered. He tackles.

#60 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,980 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

No, Janoris is x1000 better

That's a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com