9 replies to this topic

#1 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I went a very different route so hate if you want haha I just like these guys and think they're players our staff will go after.

There's obviously a big group of players that our coaches are targeting and I honestly think the current assumed favorite (Fletcher Cox) goes to St. Louis. So with Cox off the board...that changes some things. Rivera wants a guy that can just go on in and be an upgrade so let's do just that:

If Cox is gone, I'm thinking we trade down for someone wanting Tannehill, Kuechly, etc....I think we'll get some phone calls draft day no matter the scenario. So we get an extra 2nd and a lower 1st rounder

ROUND 1

Kendall Wright WR Baylor

If Cox, Claiborne, & Ingram are gone when we pick I think going offense becomes justifiable. Its obvious our coaching staff has been looking at receivers all over this draft from Ruben Randle to Kendall Wright to Floyd. My bold guess is that I think by the end of Thursday, either Floyd or Kendall Wright will be a Panther and for some reason the gut is saying its Wright.

**If there was no trade, I'd go Coples

ROUND 2-1

Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana

So even though we have big needs at run defense, lb, and defensive playmaking...I still see that hole at CB2. I know we have Hogan but all that's behind his potential is Captain and Butler. eek. I think Tru can be either a FS or CB and is exactly what we need to match up with the receivers in our division.

ROUND 2-2

Mychal Kendricks LB California

Kendricks is a stud and if he's there at some point for us to take, I'd pull the trigger. He's explosive, and fantastic instinct player that knows how to blitz. This is the type of LB we need in case Davis is a no go or Beason needs some help. We do need some line help but I'd take Kendricks over a Reyes anyday.

ROUND 4

Tyrone Crawford DE Boise St.

I feel comfortable with Hardy but if we want a rotational guy that can provide additional run support and some added ammo to this d-line I like Crawford. I don't want a DT this late. If we can't get one in the first, I don't think we go one and then we can back to the FA to shore that up for the time being with McClain. We've got a defensive minded HC who's some great defenses so I'm excited to see what late round defenders we get. I like a Crawford type.

ROUND 5

Joe Looney G Wake Forest

A later prospect at G that I haven't seen discussed too much. We need more O-line depth behind our new guy Pollack and Hang'man. This looks like a viable prospect.

ROUND 6

Drew Butler P UGA

We've got ourselves a punter. If we're going one, might as well grab a for sure punter right here rather than some mystery sleeper at CB which Hurney loves to do haha

ROUND 7

J.K. Schaffer ILB Cinci

Here's a good late sleeper type that can learn behind Beason, Senn & Co.

So there ya go. We get a starting caliber receiver, a CB2, a OLB/ILB, Run-D help, O-line depth, a punter but no DT if Cox is gone.

#2 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I think Wright would even be there in the second....

#3 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I would love this draft. great job!

#4 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I think Wright would even be there in the second....

There's the possibility but if we trade down and they like him enough...he's visited/interviewed as much/the most out of any WR in the draft for us...I say they'll go get him over a Perry, Worthy or Still. I just have a vibe that our staff really wants him as our go to return man and potential playmaking WR for Cam.

I don't like not going DL with either first two picks but I find this direction realistic if we trade down. cheers

#5 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I wouldn't mind taking Wright if we were able to trade down, but I think we have to go DL in the first two rounds. So in this scenario I would replace Johnson with the best d-lineman.

One thing I worry about is if we end up taking Gilmore in the first, then Wright is there in the second. We have to take Wright, right? Then we don't get a DL or a LB at the top of the draft, both of which I think is more important than CB.

#6 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

So you took a #2 wr in the 1st round great.

#7 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Wouldnt take wright in the second let alone in the first.

#8 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I could easily switch out Wright with Worthy that'd be no biggie, I just felt like going a different route than the typical mock.

#9 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

I could easily switch out Wright with Worthy that'd be no biggie, I just felt like going a different route than the typical mock.

Yeah do that with some other team. Go a different route with the Ravens draft.

#10 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah do that with some other team. Go a different route with the Ravens draft.

ok...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com