Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Draft Rumor Station

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#76 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

dont kurb jinx this

\

I will lose all hope if we pull the trigger on a faster James Anderson.

#77 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

When did Hurney say that ? link please.

Sirius NFL radio last week. Said Otah was furthet ahead in his rehab and could do more than Beason. Said with Beason you have to be careful bc he wants to do too much too soon.

No link. Just both are still rehabbing. Otah was closer to his finish line. He wasn't implying Beason was behind or anything.

#78 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well makes sense being Otah has been in rehab for 3 years.

#79 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well makes sense being Otah has been in rehab for 3 years.

True. Otah is probably rehabbing himself at this stage

#80 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Cox is pretty good at getting a push into the pocket with a bull rush, but he usually loses his momentum and gets stood up, or falls down. If he were a worthy top 10 pick, you'd see him getting around the o-lineman at the end of his bull rush, or driving the o-lineman right into the QB.

If you watch the Fletcher Cox vs Alabama youtube video, you'll see something very entertaining. Alabama LG Chance Warmack versus Cox on a few plays. Cox has nothing on Warmack, and after watching that video I actually wanted to see what round Warmack was projected be going in this draft. It turns out he has decided to return to school. In my opinion Warmack would have been a first round pick if had come out in this draft.

The Warmack versus Cox matchup was interesting to me because it was two top quality players going against one another head to head. It's not some terrible player looking like garbage against Cox. What does that reveal? Anyway, Cox tried his bull rush on Warmack, got some penetration, and then Warmack stopped him cold. Cox had plenty of time, but couldn't get around Warmack at all on that play. That added to my opinion that Cox probably won't get many sacks at the NFL level, and will need the DEs to get the sacks. You can see Cox bull rush Warmack at 1:27-1:34

Let me just say this. If you guys think DeCastro is good, Warmack is twice him in ability.

I'm not going to really hold it against Cox because he couldn't successfully get around a mammoth like Warmack. Though, I do agree with the premise of your post. Either way, I just hope he'll be able to provide some rush up the middle to prevent QBs from stepping up nonstop against us.

#81 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Merling was a 3-4 end and doesn't fit their defense anymore

i think he could play 3tech or LDE in a 4-3.seen he didnt show up after signing the contract.

#82 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

@nfldraftscout: Hearing renewed talk that two teams in Top 10 have "serious interest" in LSU DT Michael Brockers.

Maybe panthers are interested, maybe they view him as someone who could come in and contribute right away

:D I hope so. Cox is only 1pt higher than Brockers on the ESPN Big Board, not much difference. Brockers was always the upside guy in this DT class. They may prefer his bigger frame and 322lbs this kid is that monster in the middle.

The scouts always tell GM's and FO to "stick to your board" and they already showed Brockers that he was high on theirs. I can't wait.

To me this Kuechly talk could be an attempt to get somebody to bite.

#83 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

We've been speculating for the past 4 months about who we're gonna take at 9. poo, I still have no idea.

#84 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

We've been speculating for the past 4 months about who we're gonna take at 9. poo, I still have no idea.

First truly honest post on the board today

#85 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Word out Chargers might to trade up for Barron. Figure not to nine perhaps early teens.

#86 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

pretty sure we will take Keuchly if cox isn't there and Blackmon, Coples or somebody doesn't fall. There's a small chance we take an OT or Floyd or Gilmore but Keuchly is a Panther's type of guy. I know they love him. And he can come in start and play well immediately. Wouldn't be my favorite pick, but I won't be against it.

#87 Jesse

Jesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

http://www.turfshowt...-steven-jackson

Steven Jackson might be shopped during the draft. We can pick him up too, right?

#88 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Like him or not watch ESPNs sports science video of Luke. Acceleration close to Haden the ist rd cb and hits with greater power than Freeney. Like him as our pick or not this guy is special.

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=7784610

#89 akaseinfeld

akaseinfeld

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter Mark this down, @MichaelDavSmith. Mark Barron will not make it to Dallas' pick at No. 14.