Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do Teams Need A Shut Down Corner Anymore?

25 posts in this topic

Was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning and he brought up an interesting point.

i lol'd

doesn't hurt to have a shut down corner

I listened to Colin as well and I thought he was talking BS........especially with the example of the Jets and Philly with their CB's...........

Should we say the same about LT's seen as Jake Long and Joe Thomas both play for crappy teams. The one constant for the most part about being a good team is to have a good QB. The defenses of the Superbowll in 2011 were ranked 1 and 2 I believe...this superbowl the defenses of both teams werent ranked all too high. People like to change their opinions of what is needed to succeed based on who is winning at the time.

I'd rather have a corner that can bait a QB into thinking his guy is open and get a pick then a guy a QB never throws against because his guy is always blanketed, just my opinion.

1 person likes this

You want good - elite play at every position.

Draft good players and develop players with a lot of upside.

Simple.

You need 1 who doesn't have a 73.6 completion rate against him.

Go back and watch how Rex Ryan beat Brady in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Shutdown corners change games. They will always be needed.

We're in a division with a plethora of good talent at QB and WR.

Yeah, we need some help at CB. Imagine if Gamble got hurt...

Go back and watch how Rex Ryan beat Brady in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Shutdown corners change games. They will always be needed.

Brady has more weapons now. More mismatches. All NE needs is one guy to run the vertical and they are sick.

I listened to Colin as well and I thought he was talking BS........especially with the example of the Jets and Philly with their CB's...........

Should we say the same about LT's seen as Jake Long and Joe Thomas both play for crappy teams. The one constant for the most part about being a good team is to have a good QB. The defenses of the Superbowll in 2011 were ranked 1 and 2 I believe...this superbowl the defenses of both teams werent ranked all too high. People like to change their opinions of what is needed to succeed based on who is winning at the time.

Mike Vick is a great QB.