#76 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

That is a real stupid Opinion because by the same reasoning Zac Brown was the best LB prospect going into the Combine now Kuechly rose to the top. Does that mean he's not the best LB prospect because he wasn't at the start of this either.

Kuechly was always the best linebacker in just about every draft. If they broke it down between 4-3 outside linebackers then Brown could be there but Kuechly can play all the positions where as Brown can't.

#77 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

This is a rehash of last week though. Nice to see that everyone has the same opinion and 500 posts has changed very little. Somehow I think 500 more won't do anything more so I will leave it at that.

#78 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Kuechly was always the best linebacker in just about every draft. If they broke it down between 4-3 outside linebackers then Brown could be there but Kuechly can play all the positions where as Brown can't.

No Kuechly was the best ILB but Zac Brown was the best overall before the Combine. Then Kuechly put up good # at the Combine and Became the best overall.

The point still remains just because a player wasn't consider the best at his position from the start of the draft Process doesn't mean he's not the best Prospect.

#79 calipanther

calipanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

This is one of the better debated topics I've seen in a while.

I think there is a lot of context taken into consideration with whole draft. People tend to speculate a lot of hypotheticals. Beason Willis and kuechly have been mentioned as comparisons in this thread a lot. I think they play different games all together. I think first off kuechly projects best to SLB and he looks like Romanowski the most to me. Excellent in coverage. Really good hand fighter. Exceptional tackler. Also went to BC. Hmmmm.

The point is I think linebacker is a bigger need than originally speculated by most on this board and front office knows this. I really think kuechly would be a very safe pick. A lot of people have said that it's a bad idea because it would be three first on a linebacker in 7 years. That's what people in economics call sunk cost. You don't make decisions based on that. People also say he would be a reach at 9. Not according to bill Walsh. Just saying.

#80 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Exactly so we compare what each did in college. So when we compare what each did in college to their potential we see that Kuechly compares very favorably. Will he be better than Beason? Only time will tell.

i'm not willing to spend the 9th overall pick on a prospect where "only time will tell" if he'll be our best linebacker on the team

#81 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

That is a real stupid Opinion because by the same reasoning Zac Brown was the best LB prospect going into the Combine now Kuechly rose to the top. Does that mean he's not the best LB prospect because he wasn't at the start of this either.

Luke has always been viewed as best all around LB. as 55 said, maybe an arguement could be made If you limited it just OLB. Luke is like a Beason or Willis of prior drafts in they are good enough to play multiple roles as a LB and aren't limited as a one trick pony.

But there isn't a head and shoulder best DT. Which was the claim. Deep class. If people are willing to put Poe temp in the drivers seat that should be a good indication of no one standing out

#82 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

No one is projecting his NFL stats.... only comparing to others players when they were coming out of school

But only when the comparisons back up your argument.

#83 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

#84 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

This is a rehash of last week though. Nice to see that everyone has the same opinion and 500 posts has changed very little. Somehow I think 500 more won't do anything more so I will leave it at that.

Bet you wont

#85 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

The point is I think linebacker is a bigger need than originally speculated by most on this board and front office knows this. I really think kuechly would be a very safe pick. A lot of people have said that it's a bad idea because it would be three first on a linebacker in 7 years. That's what people in economics call sunk cost. You don't make decisions based on that. People also say he would be a reach at 9. Not according to bill Walsh. Just saying.

lol if you think beason and davis can be categorized as "sunk costs" than you don't know what a sunk cost is

#86 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Luke has always been viewed as best all around LB. as 55 said, maybe an arguement could be made If you limited it just OLB. Luke is like a Beason or Willis of prior drafts in they are good enough to play multiple roles as a LB and aren't limited as a one trick pony.

But there isn't a head and shoulder best DT. Which was the claim. Deep class. If people are willing to put Poe temp in the drivers seat that should be a good indication of no one standing out

There is now maybe get your head out your ass you would notice that Cox has risen on some boards over Blackmon. Team are talking about trading up to get Cox what other DT are people doing that for?

#87 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,882 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

I would take Floyd before I took Koochly. I would probably even take Decastro. I'd probably just forfeit our first round pick altogether before I took Koochly.

#88 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

No Kuechly was the best ILB but Zac Brown was the best overall before the Combine. Then Kuechly put up good # at the Combine and Became the best overall.

The point still remains just because a player wasn't consider the best at his position from the start of the draft Process doesn't mean he's not the best Prospect.

Wrong again but I am not going to go back and forth. If anything you have shown you argue forever whether you are right or wrong and never change your mind regardless of the facts so it is a waste of time. In a few days we can debate about who we got instead of who we should have gotten or who sucks or is great. I can wait.

#89 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

All I know is.....people need to accept Luke is a logical possibility. There are several. I can accept Cox. I just won't expect to see him contribute much in 2012. We still need starting competition at LB and CB. Best odds are finding that in the first 2 rounds.

#90 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

I would take Floyd before I took Koochly. I would probably even take Decastro. I'd probably just forfeit our first round pick altogether before I took Koochly.

I would take Chandler Jones before Kuechly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com