• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

I think Chris Mooney or Blaine Taylor would be good pickups for VT.

They've both proven to be more successful than Greenburg in Virginia despite playing in conferences that are much harder to recruit to.

Smart is not a realistic option.

#17 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'm ok with Blaine but they just shifted around people to make room for Richardson (VT assistant) not sure after all that they all leave, but I'd be Ok with it. Mooney is a different story for me, was bad enough watching Seth's offense I think it would be just as bad with him trying to run his Princeton offense in ACC. Plus Mooney signed a 10 year extension with Richmond? With it being a private school who knows what that buyout is.

Patsos from Loyola could also be interesting. The deal is its gonna be someone who's worth around 1.5 a year.. I do feel Weaver won't scale back. Seth made 1.2m , he will spend that or more up to 1.5.

#18 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Erick Green said he would think about transferring if the new coach ran the princeton. If weaver has any sort of dignity left or smarts, he would make sure the new coach is compatible with the recruits. We're already on the edge of losing some good recruits. At least now they have less time to find a new suitor. A true dick move artist really. It's definitely going to affect recruiting knowing that our AD is a certified assrabbit.

#19 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

At least your AD let you know with plenty of advance notice that you have no shot at the NCAA tournament next year.

Seth liked to tease you guys for the entire year.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

At least your AD let you know with plenty of advance notice that you have no shot at the NCAA tournament next year.

Seth liked to tease you guys for the entire year.

Yeah, that's what Alan Majors' philosophy is. They should fire Major immediately and hire Greenberg. At least Greenberg can recruit.

#21 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, that's what Alan Majors' philosophy is. They should fire Major immediately and hire Greenberg. At least Greenberg can recruit.

Alan Major is bringing in much better caliber recruits than Lutz did his last 5 years. The fact that Major has been able to bring in 3 top 150 players in 2 seasons after not making the tournament for 6 years to me is astounding.

Lutz brought in 13 JuCo players his last five years. That doesn't even include the players that transferred in. You can't build a program around 2 year guys. Lutz shat the bed and deserved to be fired.

We had one legitimately good player on the team when Lutz was fired and that was Chris Braswell. Everyone else was good at one thing or a selfish head case.

I'm not convinced Major can actually coach very well, but there is not a bad thing that can be said about his recruiting thus far.

#22 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

The one thing I never liked about SGs style was that it seemed like street ball. No highly coordinated plays, terrible rebounding, and no offensive power. We relied on streaks.

I wanted him gone last season...he's a great guy and Weaver's an as$ but something had to be done. We shunned away S. Curry and were only at the cusp of being top-5 ACC consistently. Greenberg was great for getting us to a certain level but not someone who could really catapult the program.

#23 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Seems like James Johnson is coming back. We'll call him Jimmy Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com