Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Best Home Defense Shotgun...

If price is of great concern go with a new England pardner pump protector. Basically it's an 870 clone. Same parts and same after market accessories. They run 200 new. Remington bought out NEF so your getting an 870 stamped with NEF.

Shotgun loads are a whole other thread. The possibilities are literally endless. Any load for any situation.

I don't own a gun, but I've certainly thought about it. Robberies are definitely becoming more frequent in my area of Charlotte, not to mention the Bob Barber murder last year was near me, and that was in broad daylight. Having a gun might make me feel safer, but if someone actually broke in in the middle of the night, I would still shitshit my pants.

I don't own a gun, but I've certainly thought about it. Robberies are definitely becoming more frequent in my area of Charlotte, not to mention the Bob Barber murder last year was near me, and that was in broad daylight. Having a gun might make me feel safer, but if someone actually broke in in the middle of the night, I would still shitshit my pants.

Ive preached this to as many people that would listen to me. You only need to do 3 simple things to survive a home invasion.

1. Secure your perimeter. Lock your doors and windows. Most times the subject will enter through an unlocked access point. Also light your place up like times square. Use a combination of natural and man made barriers. Make it the most unatractive target possible.

2. Get a dog. Personal preference on this one. At the very least if someone does decide to forcibly enter your home you will know. He will also know there's a dog inside. I prefer a dog that backs up his bark. The dog will also buy you valuable time.

3. Get a firearm. Subject broke your perimeter, dog is raising hell and you have your weapon. Subject now has to make a decision. The dog or you. It might only take him 2 seconds to think it out, but in that 2 seconds you can put 5 rounds center mass.

If you utilize these 3 simple things you will survive.

Ive preached this to as many people that would listen to me. You only need to do 3 simple things to survive a home invasion.

1. Secure your perimeter. Lock your doors and windows. Most times the subject will enter through an unlocked access point. Also light your place up like times square. Use a combination of natural and man made barriers. Make it the most unatractive target possible.

2. Get a dog. Personal preference on this one. At the very least if someone does decide to forcibly enter your home you will know. He will also know there's a dog inside. I prefer a dog that backs up his bark. The dog will also buy you valuable time.

3. Get a firearm. Subject broke your perimeter, dog is raising hell and you have your weapon. Subject now has to make a decision. The dog or you. It might only take him 2 seconds to think it out, but in that 2 seconds you can put 5 rounds center mass.

Yep, you are a dumbass if you leave your house open...that is asking

Dog is a big help. If my wife and I are in bed, and we hear a noise, I yell to my dog "watch him" and that 80 lb dog goes into full protection mode, growling, barking, he sounds scary from the outside.

And finally, have a gun, yes, check. We don't just have o e gun, in one place. We have multiple guns stashed around the house, so if something happens, we are near a firearm if we need it. I know this sounds silly, but I want to get night vision googles to keep next to my bed, so if poo goes down, I can put those on, and operate in the dark!

All in all, I am still gonna get an alarm system for the wife when I am out of town!

Instead of the dog, you can learn to bark like a dog. When you do your fake bark, don't force air out of your lungs. Actually, suck air in as you're "barking." It sounds like a large, menacing dog when done right.

Instead of the dog, you can learn to bark like a dog. When you do your fake bark, don't force air out of your lungs. Actually, suck air in as you're "barking." It sounds like a large, menacing dog when done right.

I can't bite like one though. Now I'm sitting here barking and poo.

IMO this is the finest close range defense shotgun ever produced Ithaca model 37 trench gun - bayonet optional

Id take a Stevens 620 in a pinch

ITHACA%20MODEL%2037%20TRENCH%20GUN%20(VIETNAM%20ERA).%20SN%20S23504.%20Cal.%2012%20gauge.jpg

IMO this is the finest close range defense shotgun ever produced Ithaca model 37 trench gun - bayonet optional

ITHACA%20MODEL%2037%20TRENCH%20GUN%20(VIETNAM%20ERA).%20SN%20S23504.%20Cal.%2012%20gauge.jpg

I've liked the Ithaca for a long time as well, but I'm curious about one thing that maybe a gun expert can explain to me: is there a disadvantage to the spent shell casing being ejected out of the same breech where you load shells? Seems like that would cause some kind of functional issues.

Bottom ejection means no shell casings distracting your shooting - the older 37 s you just hold down on the trigger and pump away - soon as the next shell rams into the chamber it fires - slam firing

cod2 shotgun.

you should definitely get that bayonet

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jerome