• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Best Home Defense Shotgun...

4 cardinal rules?

1. Its always loaded

2. Never point it at anything you dont intend to shoot.

3. Its always loaded.

4. Its always loaded.

Lol close.

Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.

Keep your weapon pointed in a safe direction at all times.

Know your target and what's beyond it (you're responsible for that round, where ever it may come to a rest).

Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

Easy peasy.

When I was younger I used to think highly of Mas. I caught him in a ridiculous lie and called him out on it. He tried to back track but failed. Ever since then I don't care for him much. He's still extremely knowledgable in this field.

Ended up with the Remington 870 tactical. Picked it up tonight. Seems to be what I need, no frills.

Like the gun, but don't love it.

Don't care for where the safety mechanism, nor where the pump release is located.

Almost have to lower the gun/take your finger off of the trigger guard to pull the pump down if you have not fired a shot, or have a jam.

Had fun at the range. Shot my 870, and AR-15, and a couple glocks.

Best thing about scatter guns is all the exotic ammo. Bird bombs, flechettes, buck and ball, turkey thunder, dragons breath, the list goes on. Nothing like firing off a bird bomb at 4 in the morning to fug with your buddies.

Don't care for where the safety mechanism, nor where the pump release is located.

That is another reason I like the Ithaca model 37 so much - if youre a right hander theres no searching for either as theyre both on the right side of the trigger quard and easy to flick

That is another reason I like the Ithaca model 37 so much - if youre a right hander theres no searching for either as theyre both on the right side of the trigger quard and easy to flick

Same with the Mossberg.

Safety is almost under your thumb, and release is right behind the trigger.

I don't mind it. Its not difficult for me, might be a little more difficult for my kids which is a good thing.

Nah, your kids will figure it out. Best to teach em now that it's a tool. And just like other tools it's not to be played with. Unload it, break it down, and let them handle it. It will remove the stigma immediately. When mine were coordinated enough they were helping me load mags and clean ak's.