Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Best Home Defense Shotgun...

Honestly, just go get a 12 gauge Mossberg pump.

I have had one for over 15 years, and have probably cleaned it 10 times, and have shot thousands of shells out of it.

They are cheap, and very reliable.

Teach the kids if they ever hear guns to roll off the bed, and stay on the floor. If they will do that you can use any "shot" you like.

I prefer Buck when in the house.

Ended up with the Remington 870 tactical. Picked it up tonight. Seems to be what I need, no frills.

Ended up with the Remington 870 tactical. Picked it up tonight. Seems to be what I need, no frills.

Excellent choice. You will be pleased.

Nice........... Now consider getting your CCW also.

Now I am looking at where to keep the gun. My first instinct is our bedroom. Yes no? I also am thinking gun safe, but a biometric one instead of one with keys. I like the idea of a quick fingerprint scan to open it, seems like if something pops off at 3am that would be a faster way to go.

I built a conceled shelf in my closet, so kids can't see or reach it.

So if the dog starts growling in the middle of the night, it's a couple of steps to get to my closet, and I am locked and loaded!

Click-Click!

Its admittedly overkill but we’ve got 2 pistols and the shotgun in the bedroom. Then there is a rifle in the laundry room (backdoor) and a third pistol in the family room.

We approached it from the standpoint of accessibility without regard to time of day. we wanted to make sure there was a weapon available no matter where we were if someone forced their way in.

Its admittedly overkill but we’ve got 2 pistols and the shotgun in the bedroom. Then there is a rifle in the laundry room (backdoor) and a third pistol in the family room.

We approached it from the standpoint of accessibility without regard to time of day. we wanted to make sure there was a weapon available no matter where we were if someone forced their way in.

Exactly the way it should be approached. Always within reaching distance.

Going to the range today with a gun enthusiast redneck buddy of mine. Wish me luck! (never shot a gun before)