Photo
- - - - -

Best Home Defense Shotgun...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#101 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

I want to take it from this: Posted Image

to this:

Posted Image

#102 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Easy to do. Swap the stock, the fore end, and either cut or replace the barrel. also might need a tube extension if you want more rounds.

#103 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

You guys have inspired me.

I have an 870 remington express mag. And I use it for HD, but it has a long hunting barrel since it is basically just all stock.

I have spend the last 20 mins researching 18" home defense barrels, and the cheapest I see is 110$, I also found a synthetic stock for 40 butt.

Im wondering, for HD, would it be better to have synthetic or wood.

The stock is just personal preference. If you're using it inside it doesn't matter. Synthetic just stands up to the weather better. You can buy a pipe cutter cheaper to cut your barrel than buying a replacement. That's what I use and it gives you an even cut. Then hand file and burs. The last thing you want is to use a hack saw, fug up and get a gun that shoots off center.

#104 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

The stock is just personal preference. If you're using it inside it doesn't matter. Synthetic just stands up to the weather better. You can buy a pipe cutter cheaper to cut your barrel than buying a replacement. That's what I use and it gives you an even cut. Then hand file and burs. The last thing you want is to use a hack saw, fug up and get a gun that shoots off center.

This actually crossed my mind. i thought it would fug it up even with a pipe cutter. I might give it a shot. (pun intended).

Hmmmmm. It would definitely be cheaper.

#105 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've cut many a barrel using a pipe cutter. Straight, even cut every time. That way, if you never have any intentions of taking the gun outside your home, you can cut it down as much as you like.