#16 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Remmington 870. A shotgun is the best all around weapon. Offensive, defensive, down multiple types of game. Sure semi autos are nice but you will never get a failure to feed with a pump.

#17 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

AA-12 Fully Automatic

This should be sufficient.

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

For home defense I think shotguns are far and away the best. Other than the intimidation factor they're also better because you don't have to be that good of a shot and, as mentioned, they're highly versatile.

Remington 410 is hard to go wrong with.

#19 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,322 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yes I know handguns are a better choice, but let's talk home defense shotguns.

Go....

Oh zoddy I love your tender soft hands.

Shotguns are better choice for 90% of the population b/c 1) they dont really need to be aimed 2) they will not penetrate walls.

Remington 870 with 00buck shot will do the trick.
But honestly a 250$ walmart job will run off a robber, just keep it clean/oiled.

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,322 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm looking at this one

http://www.remington...-blackhawk.aspx

Still researching

Im not an expert like others on the board, but that would do the trick and then some.
I would suggest you get a solid stock tho, you are payin extra for that one and you will never utilize it.

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,521 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

forgo the gun. I will stand outside of your house wearing nothing but a menacing stare.

#23 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

YES! Buy one with a solid stock because you can always bash someones teeth out with it.

#24 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yes I know handguns are a better choice, but let's talk home defense shotguns.

Go....

for the money Winchester model 1300

Posted Image

#25 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

If price is of great concern go with a new England pardner pump protector. Basically it's an 870 clone. Same parts and same after market accessories. They run 200 new. Remington bought out NEF so your getting an 870 stamped with NEF.

Shotgun loads are a whole other thread. The possibilities are literally endless. Any load for any situation.

#26 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I don't own a gun, but I've certainly thought about it. Robberies are definitely becoming more frequent in my area of Charlotte, not to mention the Bob Barber murder last year was near me, and that was in broad daylight. Having a gun might make me feel safer, but if someone actually broke in in the middle of the night, I would still shitshit my pants.

#27 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I don't own a gun, but I've certainly thought about it. Robberies are definitely becoming more frequent in my area of Charlotte, not to mention the Bob Barber murder last year was near me, and that was in broad daylight. Having a gun might make me feel safer, but if someone actually broke in in the middle of the night, I would still shitshit my pants.

Ive preached this to as many people that would listen to me. You only need to do 3 simple things to survive a home invasion.

1. Secure your perimeter. Lock your doors and windows. Most times the subject will enter through an unlocked access point. Also light your place up like times square. Use a combination of natural and man made barriers. Make it the most unatractive target possible.

2. Get a dog. Personal preference on this one. At the very least if someone does decide to forcibly enter your home you will know. He will also know there's a dog inside. I prefer a dog that backs up his bark. The dog will also buy you valuable time.

3. Get a firearm. Subject broke your perimeter, dog is raising hell and you have your weapon. Subject now has to make a decision. The dog or you. It might only take him 2 seconds to think it out, but in that 2 seconds you can put 5 rounds center mass.

If you utilize these 3 simple things you will survive.

#28 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

^ check check and check

#29 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ive preached this to as many people that would listen to me. You only need to do 3 simple things to survive a home invasion.

1. Secure your perimeter. Lock your doors and windows. Most times the subject will enter through an unlocked access point. Also light your place up like times square. Use a combination of natural and man made barriers. Make it the most unatractive target possible.

2. Get a dog. Personal preference on this one. At the very least if someone does decide to forcibly enter your home you will know. He will also know there's a dog inside. I prefer a dog that backs up his bark. The dog will also buy you valuable time.

3. Get a firearm. Subject broke your perimeter, dog is raising hell and you have your weapon. Subject now has to make a decision. The dog or you. It might only take him 2 seconds to think it out, but in that 2 seconds you can put 5 rounds center mass.

Yep, you are a dumbass if you leave your house open...that is asking
Dog is a big help. If my wife and I are in bed, and we hear a noise, I yell to my dog "watch him" and that 80 lb dog goes into full protection mode, growling, barking, he sounds scary from the outside.
And finally, have a gun, yes, check. We don't just have o e gun, in one place. We have multiple guns stashed around the house, so if something happens, we are near a firearm if we need it. I know this sounds silly, but I want to get night vision googles to keep next to my bed, so if poo goes down, I can put those on, and operate in the dark!

All in all, I am still gonna get an alarm system for the wife when I am out of town!

#30 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,382 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Instead of the dog, you can learn to bark like a dog. When you do your fake bark, don't force air out of your lungs. Actually, suck air in as you're "barking." It sounds like a large, menacing dog when done right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.