Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

Nc Amendment One

150 posts in this topic

"We oppose Amendment One because the love of God and the way of love that has been revealed in Jesus of Nazareth compels us to do so. We oppose Amendment One because every time we baptize someone in The Episcopal Church, the entire congregation vows to 'strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.' We oppose Amendment One because it is unjust and it does not respect the dignity of every human being in the State of North Carolina. If passed, it will harm not only law-abiding gay and lesbian citizens but other men, women and innocent children in our state," reads one excerpt from the letter.

My mom is Episcopalian.

God I wish Catholicism would stop acting like old creepy men and get a clue.

1 person likes this

It's heartening to see so many churches understand what this is really about.

What kills me is the fact that I know a few Christians who aren't voting either way on this. They don't agree with it, but their religion does, and according them, "we win either way". Bullshit. Religion again being divisive. Even the decent religious types are automatically contributing to the problem by not speaking up.

Exactly.

We have our Yard Sign opposing it and mentioned that I have yet to see a Pro Amendment 1 sign anywhere in Charlotte.

I kinda live in the country and I have yet to see an "against" sign. I'v seen dozens of "for" signs, but they usually say "vote for holy matrimony" and have a silhouette of a man and woman kissing.

I would put up an against sign in my yard, but my road doesn't get much traffic and I think the only thing it would accomplish is getting my house vandalized.

Best to Vote YES.

Don't vote no with the 'mos

ha ha oh my, what a very funny troll account!

thank you for contributing to the discussion.

Exactly.

We have our Yard Sign opposing it and mentioned that I have yet to see a Pro Amendment 1 sign anywhere in Charlotte.

I've seen one.

It was sandwiched in between two houses with anti-amendment one signs.

I do not understand how people can use their religion as justification for their reason to vote yes on this. I know people are stupid but are they really this stupid? Have I been looking the other way this entire time?

Yes they are. I know a ton of people who support this and my facebook feed is full of them. We live in the Bible belt. Most people are for it.

Voting against this amendment will be the highlight of my voting on May 8th.